Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bunny safe floor cleaner
  • stayhigh

Morning All

Calling all STW Bunny owners.

We have a pair of house bunnies who have the run of the downstairs and have just moved into a new house with laminate flooring.

Do you know of any floor cleaners that are considered bunny safe so we don’t inadvertently poison our lil’ fluffy terrorista’s?

Thanks 🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

Steam cleaner?

They are also awesome if you have a cleaning ocd type thing going on.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well don’t ask me or Glenn Close to do it.

cinnamon_girl

I think you’ll find that white vinegar diluted with water should be safe for both children and animals.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Formula H?

kormoran
    Free Member

I’ve been using ecover washing up liquid for everything recently. In hot water it is really effective, even in the bath and shower and on the floor. No idea if it’s bad for rabbits but I doubt it. Really nice to get away from cleaning fluids that need rubber gloves on

cinnamon_girl

Really nice to get away from cleaning fluids that need rubber gloves on

I’ve started making my own natural cleaning products and it’s going well so far. 🙂

Little edit there.

stayhigh

@cinnamongirl: Does the white vinegar solution make your house smell and what concentration do you use?

@mingthemerciless: was unaware of Formula H so that’s an option. Seems a bit on the pricey side but all things are relevant and probably lasts a fair while.

@Kormoran; good shout on the Ecover washing up liquid. I find their products are nice to use and should be free from most nasty chemicals so will have a read up.

cinnamon_girl

stayhigh – no, the smell disappears quickly. I’ve not used it for washing floors yet but it’s on the list to trial. As an example I make my own fabric conditioner using white vinegar plus essential oils, you can not smell the vinegar at all.

Another option is to use traditional soda crystals.

km79
    Free Member

Pure soap flakes mixed into hot water, buy them in a box or grate your own from pure soap bars (under £2 for a pack of supermarket own brand). Also good for using in washing machine for waterproof jackets. a little goes a long way. You can also buy them in liquid form to save you an extra step.

stayhigh

Ooh now making your own fabric softener sounds intriguing, how do you find it?

Hadn’t thought about using soap crystals either which would be a good alternative.

cinnamon_girl

It’s my first batch and a small quantity, only used for towels which then get tumble-dried. Must experiment with not tumble-drying. 😳 500mls white vinegar and add 30 drops of essential oil (I used Sweet Orange which is actually subtle), it’s stored in a glass container to protect the oils.

Dishwasher powder has been successful, shower cleaner needs the oils tweaked, thieves oil for sauna and kitchen surfaces, lavender pillow spray which is gorgeous. Tomorrow it’s a reed diffuser and washing powder.

I buy in bulk which makes it considerably cheaper.

ninfan
    Free Member

Virkon-S

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Virkon-Spectrum-Virucidal-Disinfectant-Powder/dp/B008CHQZHU?th=1

Default pet/livestock safe disinfectant as used in places where hygiene really matters. Knocks the socks off everything else you’ll try and/or buy

bazhall
    Free Member

I’m currently using Aldi cleansing floor wipes on the laminate, they are bleach free and Pepper is still running about and drifting like a crazy thing. Really handy when my daughter is at the age where anything on the floor goes in the mouth.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bunny safe floor cleaner’ is closed to new replies.