• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bunking off work today to go riding
  • leec247
    Free Member

Decided this morning to skip work and spend the day on my bike on the quantocks. Is anybody else skipping work to go riding???

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Sounds like a great idea unfortunately I have many meetings…..

wwaswas

Your boss is in the office and has decided to check singletrack before he starts work 😉

I managed to time my ride last night for the hail, rain and wind that lasted about 2 hours (or the length of a cold night ride) and am now looking out the window at sunshine and regretting I can’t bunk off.

geoffj

Most of my colleagues have gone on leave already – little point me flogging shergar today 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

They are using the hadron collider to measure the miniscule amount of work actually being done this week

Alex

Off to CwmCarn with a mate in about 30 mins. Day booked off for ages. Had an email at 6pm last night asking for loads of stuff to be completed for today. Did the honourable thing and ignored it 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

2 months gardening leave for me starting yesterday until I start my new job, so lots of riding coming up!

weeksy

Extended lunch startin about 10.15 i’d guess.

sandwicheater

So very very jealous of Hob Nob.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think I’d rather work than ride the Quantocks myself.

weeksy

Had a glorious but quite muddy at times ride 🙂

Alex

My mate DavidB having a gurn at cwmcarn

Go for the GURN by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Bit blurry on the bridge

A bridge not far enough by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Pretty dry although the roots were glassy. Both recovering from terrible colds so one lap was enough followed by a large mug of tea. First ride in two weeks and I should have been in work. A comprehensive result 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

No not yet, waiting for my last customer to collect his forks before I can FO 😀

leec247
    Free Member

Had a great time on the quantocks. Nice and quiet didn’t see anyone all afternoon. Now for a curry and a few ciders

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Had a great time on the quantocks. Nice and quiet didn’t see anyone all afternoon.

I had a half day holiday to use before Christmas so went up there on Tuesday afternoon. Did 20 miles and only saw a couple of walkers, even weekends seem quiet for bikers up there lately!

wookie
    Free Member

Had a day off and did an mega ride from Cardiff to Cwmcarn and back. Absolutely knackered now but had a great day out.

Think i passed you on the main Cwmcarn climb today Alex. I was on a bright green Cotic and riding like a lunatic (as usual).

davidxbrown
    Free Member

@Wookie you did indeed pass us, my excuse was I was feeling very second hand, Alex spent some time waiting! Best cure though for a hangover and once gravity provided assistance all was good. Been a long time since either of us had been to Cwmcarn it was a great skive 😀

Drac

Nope I get paid to work so that’s what I do.

3 days left before I’m off unless somebody decides to take an unscheduled day off then I’ll have to cover their shift.

Alex

@wookie, you did have the look of a man on a Strava mission 🙂 I do love that climb even when feeling a bit ropey. Happy to clean it in the wet for the first time in ages. Must be those funny sized wheels….

DavidB and I were talking about some natural stuff around CwmCarn… never done it… fancy showing us around some time?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bunking off work today to go riding’ is closed to new replies.