Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bumper repair
  • rattie79
    Free Member

So my missus had a small bump in the car pulling out of a tricky junction.
    Hit a passing car and scuffed his rear bumper on the corner, all amicable and no one hurt, I have offered to pay for the repair as I can’t be bothered with the insurance stuff and didn’t think it would cost to much.
    How much do you reckon to repair? Scuff about 30cm long but no dent, sorry no pics.

duncancallum

Depends on repair but smart to local blow in repair about £150

carlos
    Free Member

Someone scuffed the front bumper on my car last year. Wasn’t what you’d call bad tbh and the guy was cool about paying and all that.

It was really only scuffing and paint damage, nothing structural or broken. For a chips away repair he was looking at £200 and a full on bumper off and a proper repair £400+

He was a tad shocked at the price, but he paid out as he said he would and my car had a proper repair, restored back to pre-bump.

robfury
    Free Member

I run http://www.expresscarbodywork.com. Depending on location, colour etc around £90 to £140 if you are near wetherby West Yorkshire. Give us a ring

MRanger156
    Free Member

Would recommend Rob at Expresscarbodywork.com, fixed the scuffs on my bumper last week. Very helpful and did a great job – can’t tell the difference now!

robfury
    Free Member

Thank you

Superficial
    Free Member

It depends where they get it done. If it’s a new BMW and you take it to a BMW body shop, they’ll probably find a reason to put a new panel / bumper on and it’ll cost £500+. If it’s just a scuff and it can be done at a local paint place then probably £100-200.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bumper repair’ is closed to new replies.