• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by taffy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bum puckeringly close to just killing a random dude (not my doing)
  • Olly
    Free Member

Lomg story short (is a phrase the origins of which are looong and rambling), we just spent the evening on the beach. I didnt drink as was the driver. Just dropped my friends off back at their house, and driving home some properly wasted chavzilla pushed her equally wasted male companion under the front of my car.
    I saw it develop, as you do, but this was FAST. From spotting them on the pavement to tyres stopped amd all the thought processes inbetween less than half a second of slowmotion “shhhhh!t”
    I wasnt going fast at all, but the way he fell it would have been his head under my nearside wheel so speed wouldnt really have come into it. He had probably 12″ spare and i left a few pence in rubber on the road.
    In hindsite i should have called the police to have words with the stupid cow. Oh well!
    Good job i didnt have that glass of wine. Might have extended my reaction time, and then i would have had a bit of explaining to do as to why i had that glass of wine.

The end. Night all!

Jamie
    Free Member

You should have reversed over here to teach her a lesson.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A lesson in 3 point turns?

davosaurusrex

The Darwin awards committee won’t thank you. Go and stand in the corner and think about what you haven’t done.

Squidlord
    Free Member

What tyres for…?

However, could that not be interpreted as attempted murder? I think the cops might still be interested in hearing about it.

Jamie
    Free Member

A lesson in 3 point turns?

It’s 4:30am, Al. Get to bed.

stumpy01

Good job in stopping in time. It’s amazing how fast you can react when you need to!
    Hand quicker than the eye and all that.

wwaswas

you know that thing as kids when you pushed someone and then grabbed their clothing just as they were about to fall and said ‘Saved you!’?

Someone I knew did that to one of our friends as a bus went past.

He missed the ‘grab’ and the kid went under the bus.

6 weeks in intensive care followed and then a considerable period of time at home recovering.

johndoh
    Free Member

Scary isn’t it. Years ago a girl riding a moped came off as she was heading towards me and turning right into a car park. I emergency stopped as she went under the car.

I got out to see her head resting on my front wheel and what I thought was blood all over her and pooling in the road. Turned out it was coolant from the radiator (her handlebar had punctured it). She was unhurt but taken to hospital.

Her dad (who she was going to see) was told and his reaction was ‘I’ll go and see her after I’ve finished my game of bowls’. I very nearly caused him lots more injuries but decided to go and see her in hospital instead.

oldnpastit

Well done OP. Good reminder about drinking even the tiniest amount and driving, you never know what kind of idiots are around.

bigyinn
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

Her dad (who she was going to see) was told and his reaction was ‘I’ll go and see her after I’ve finished my game of bowls’. I very nearly caused him lots more injuries but decided to go and see her in hospital instead.
    Did you get a thank you shag for that?

Jamie
    Free Member

No. He was too busy playing bowls.

wwaswas

his reaction was ‘I’ll go and see her after I’ve finished my game of bowls’.

I expect he’s biased.

Yak

Nice one OP.

That’s been me, head on the floor and looking up at the radiator of the car before. I hadn’t been drinking, was on my bike and had a chain hop off at the wrong time as I was getting out of the lights to beat a big Mercedes. Was thrown to the floor in front of the car.

Anyway – what tyres indeed. There must be at least 12″ difference in stopping between some tyres….

popstar
    Free Member

In London’s oxford street you can see plenty of lunatics jumping off the pavement onto path of moving vehicles. So yeah, it’s not really that pleasant for a driver but you get used to it.

If that’s a proper 1st time, then yeah … you can get angry about that for sure. No point getting back at a fool with your stick of righteousness, these kind of people understand only through pain.

johndoh
    Free Member

Actually no, but to be fair she was in shock. Never did hear from her again so didn’t even get to find out if he won.

Olly
    Free Member

Second or third in my career so far. Closest yet though. Cheapo Savas for me im afraid. As long as its black and round im good.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I had a close one recently, small child on scooter, I stopped with enough noise to scare the child, about two feet away. Small face, big eyes looking up at me. Luckily there was no-one tailgating me, a rarity in Chavbridge.

It’s one of the reasons I now have a dashcam. And for the OP, with one you could have put chavzilla on youtube for her fifteen minutes of fame.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Bum puckeringly

WTF?!

taffy
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

Bum puckeringly

WTF?!

I don’t think he means he was applying lippy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bum puckeringly close to just killing a random dude (not my doing)’ is closed to new replies.