Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Bullshit Bingo help please!
  • Northwind

When my brother was working for RBOS, he dropped “jargonizing” (spelt, most definitely, with a z) into a bunch of papers and meetings. What he meant was, you lot are using made up bullshit which makes simple concepts incomprehensible. What happened was, other people started using jargonizing seriously in other meetings and papers.

Meanwhile I got away with cromulent in a meeting but I bottled it and got it removed from the minutes before it got sent to our governing body

Philby

Don’t forget to horizon scan, identify low-hanging fruit and develop systemic frameworks with your toolkit! Don’t drop the baby or throw the baby out with the bathwater unless of course you are downsizing or refocusing the brand values at the cash cows and not the lame dogs.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Invent a word, or better yet a cringeworthy slogan. Insert it into your corporate wegamank and watch everyone trying to ascend into the CEO’s anus copy you chapter and verse.

andyl
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuLcxg5VGuo[/video]

pirahna
    Free Member

My new favourite is “implementation gap”.

slowoldman

It’s not the nights drawing in that depress me at this time of year, it’s having to complete my PD submission – in a language I don’t speak. I detest the whole exercise.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Just make sure you take a Humancentric approach 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Go beyond your achievement horizon

Harry_the_Spider

“Synergies” is the one that boils my wee. Also, anyone who uses the term “Artisan” for anything other than restoring antique furniture is a ####.

And finally. This man is a “Stakeholder”.

DezB
    Free Member

Just make sure you take a Humancentric approach

Go beyond your achievement horizon

They’re definitely going in!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Look, people, I think i we’re all going into solution mode here, we need to park this and revisit it in the break out. We can workshop it there for an optimum outcome.

toby1

I did actually ask my boss in a recent meeting with a guy in Luxembourg if it was a full house, he agreed – I’m not sure the guy got what I meant though he was too busy thinking about the synergies between his out of the box approaches that would incentivise our customers.

Still fails to beat the poster that recently arrived from HQ, all it featured the was the word “Clean”. There may have been some context to this that I missed/ignored, but it is still my favourite corporate word we’ve had in poster form.

BigJohn

The best one I’ve heard recently is “yes, we eat our own dog food”. It was when I asked a guy from a company selling a project monitoring tool if they used it themselves. I think I know what he meant.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Implement a strategy to enable you to access the low-hanging fruit

2tyred

Could you triage this from a governance perspective?

I wish this was something I’d just made up, rather than the sort of pish I have to sit through more and more.

Technology and an unrestricted free market economy are taking away a lot of the jobs where people actually do stuff (be that with hand or brain or both) and people are increasingly desperate to keep themselves occupied and relevant, in unnecessary and often obstructive middle management roles, ‘working’ without producing anything, hence the rise in popularity of this kind of thing, to mask that fact.

thegreatape
    Free Member

In contrast to a week ago, having read this thread, I’m quite looking forward to my appraisal next month.

househusband

I had an interview about 7 years ago for a different job in the police, with an HR women and a Det Supt doing the interview. One of the questions was complete HR wankspeak, and for the life of me I couldn’t even recite it straight afterwards. I just apologised and said I didn’t have a clue what they were even asking me. The HR woman gave me the filthiest stare that lasted the rest of the interview, but the Det Supt couldn’t stop chuckling. I think he had the final say.

Did you get the job..?

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

The difference between a try(i) and a triumph is just a little “umph”

I actually like that in a twee way. Much of the stuff I attempt to Project Manage is work that’s got stuck at the “almost done” stage and just needs a little determination and effort to finish.

TM

geoffj

Make sure you daylight the opportunities.

yunki
    Free Member

You be jammin’ clearly

zbonty

Escalate the yin-yang

thegreatape
    Free Member

Did you get the job..?

Oh yes 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

Pick the low hanging fruit and, going forward, focus on deliverables by empowering all the stakeholders?

vickypea
    Free Member

How about your fully plugged-in attitude towards carving out a way forwards to reduce the dimensionality, and gain optical traction?

All genuine stuff I’ve sniggered about at work!

snownrock

Looking forward, you need to step back and see the bigger picture
    You need to globally align the collaboration tools for holistic processes

Alternatively try some acronyms…

Fully understand customer knowledge with immersive technologies
    Bring onboard long leadtime optimal customer knowledge strategies
    Control onboarding customer knowledge
    Weight alternative neartime knowledge extension roles strategically

I’ve made it a personal focussed goal to get on of these into my personal year-end goal-oriented employee performance review……. 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Did all of this BS start when The Personnel Department got rebranded as Human Resources? Within a week your computer screen had become a Human Machine Interface, going for a piss was a Comfort Break and chatting about a problem was Divergent Thinking.

I’ve just had a training session this morning. On leaving I was presented with a buzzword branded retractable lanyard and key card holder.

We don’t have key cards on this site.

neilthewheel

I think this is what you are looking for DezB
    http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

neilthewheel

synergistically utilize state of the art growth strategies 🙂

nedrapier

Remember guys, Culture eats Strategy for breakfast.

hels
    Free Member

And don’t forget to syngergise all those valencies. Digitally, of course.

boblo
    Free Member

Aw ****.. I’m just coming to the end of my latest 6 months jolly and am starting to look for some work. Reading this reminds me how much I enjoy corporate bullshine… :-/

bigblackshed

To counter the increasing BS we were being exposed to, a colleague answering the question “Please describe your relationship with your manager” with:

“My management interaction endangers my morale”

Nobody batted an eyelid.

flashpaul
    Free Member

I always print one of these out for meetings :-

http://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/

supersaiyan
    Free Member

I always have my ducks in a row, much like how I get all my sh1t in one sock. In the summer, I tackle the closest crocodile to the canoe, but now it’s winter, I have to go for the wolf nearest the sledge. PM FTW.

IHN

I’ve posted this before, but I like it. I promise I haven’t made it up, it was in a company-wide email:

“Firstly, we have signed a transformational outsourcing deal with xxxx which will deliver an increase to our cost synergies from the £112m per annum in 2013, which we will still hit on time, to £143m per annum by 2015. This deal de-risks the embedded value, contractualises the delivery of the cost synergies, and it de-risks the execution of our plans, allowing us to focus on the other opportunities we have as a business.”

I proper lolzed when I read it. And died a bit inside.

vickypea
    Free Member

At a party, a bloke was telling me about how having to travel a lot with work meant that he saw less of his family than he liked. He said he made his kids tell him 5 things about school every night. He said (without a hint of sarcasm) “I think of it as a framework for managing communication with my kids”.

DezB
    Free Member

Hello.
    I bottled it. Had to present it in front of a crowd..and I was called up first! I know, I know. I’m disappointed in myself.

I’ll send the bullshit bingo one to the boss though.

slowoldman

“I think of it as a framework for managing communication with my kids”.

Was he standing on his own before you got talking?

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

“The elephant in the room…”

“…just left.”

Pz_Steve

Not quite the same, but when bored in a meeting I’ll try to sneak as many mixed-metaphors under the basket as I can. So far I’ve managed:

Going for the fruit nearest the canoe
    Keeping your eye on the carrot at the end of the tunnel (and separately, accusing everyone of ignoring the elephant at the end of the tunnel).
    Barking up the wrong end of the stick
    Run it up the flagpole and see what sticks
    Getting all your crocodiles in a row
    Putting all my eggs in one canoe

Either my boss is dim, or he thinks I am and isn’t letting on… (He likes to maximise the synergies from the triple bottom line, so I suspect it’s him).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Bullshit Bingo help please!’ is closed to new replies.