Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Buildings and Contents insurance – Direct Line policy changes
  • squaremonkey
    Free Member

Having been insured with Direct line for the last few years my renewal is now due and they have put a limit on property insured in outbuildings. £5k total so that now if bikes are stolen they will only cover the first £5k of value.

Any suggestions on other insurers who still offer decent outbuilding cover for bikes?

Cheers

deadkenny
    Free Member

Store in the house 😉

Is this just as standard or have you specified the bikes, and check if you have additional cover under personal possessions options? Though Direct Line might be same as their parent UK Insurance policy used by others (like mine which is Nationwide) and as standard there’s a £1k per bike limit, and anyway it’s £5k personal possessions inc away from home by default. Can call them to get stuff specified though for extra.

squaremonkey
    Free Member

you’ll need to talk to my wife about storing bikes in the house. Good luck.

It is as standard as there is a £2k limit on specified bikes. frustrating as they are now probably more secure where they are currently kept than they would be in the house!

chickenman

Phone the AA and tell them exactly what you want. You will be able to specify bikes insured in outbuildings to the amount required and get a good quote from them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Buildings and Contents insurance – Direct Line policy changes’ is closed to new replies.