Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Builders on my flat roof…
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

…should I be worried??

Next door are having some work done, thier builders are using my flat roof to gain access. Should I be worried that it might damage it??

Cheers.

uplink
    Free Member

Should I be worried that it might damage it??

If it's felted – yes

Tell them to get off

Cougar

Isn't that trespass?

jon1973
    Free Member

Isn't that trespass?

It's bad manners if they didn't ask permission, not sure there is really much you can do with traspassing apart from asking them to leave / move on.

surfer
    Free Member

I would be, flat roofs are a pain and leaks are common. I suspect they will cause a lot of damage.
    Tell them to get the F*** off!

Stoner
    Free Member

it is trespass*. But youd only pursue something if they caused damage.

* assuming no covenant of right of access using your roof.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Tell them to put some sheets of osb down or else get off

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

For the minute, lets assume that I want to give them permission, and I'm not going to call the cops over trespass. Trying to be a good neighbour.

Would it be better, do less damage, if they were to put boarding down first?

uplink
    Free Member

Yes, but I'd want something in writing from them

Stoner
    Free Member

Id want 8' x 4' OSB boards laid all over the roof and no storage of materials or scafold/access towers.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

what stoner said plus take some photos of your ceiling, roofs are generally designed to take snow load only, not fat builders…..

avdave2

Get some photos as well just in case any damage is done.

project
    Free Member

Where the flat roof goes to a corner there is usually a ridge, where the felt goes over the top of the ridge, it may be here that is damaged, as if they use boards the sharp corner will be forced into the ridge, making a small tear, this will allow water in and then the cost and damage starts.

Even with a bit of [paper saying they will repair the damage, who is to say the leak doesnt show up for a few months or the builde goes bust.

Tell them to get off your roof, and call the police if they dont.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If they won't / don't get off your roof when you ask / tell them, stand at your window naked and jiggle your wang at them. You never know, it upset them as much as it upsets Mr Nutt

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What if MrNutt's one of the builders? Go careful… 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

he'll definately leave if you're wangulating!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I cannot recommend wangulaton as a method of builder exorsism especially with the prevalence of mobile video capture technology, you could end up in the daily sport tomorrow!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'd certainly not be happy, especially without agreement from me first. They're notoriously delicate structures, tell them to get orf your laaaand.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Builders on my flat roof…’ is closed to new replies.