Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Build your own Dirt worker for around 15 quid?
  • Olly
    Free Member

generic replacement washer pump and bottle combo is around 8 quid off ebay, a little fiddling with hoses and connecting the motor, via a switch to a cigarette lighter plug and you could, potentially, have a dirtworker, and be about 60 quid better off.

not sure if the pressure from one of those things would be up to the job though. tempted to have a bash at it, just to see.

any thoughts?
    anyone know statistics of flow, and pressure for washer pumps?
    in comparison to a dirt worker?
    discuss. x

jam-bo

mine only cost £25. doesnt seem worth the hassle…..

markenduro
    Free Member

Looks good, will you be offering free bike wahses at Afan next weekend then?

vim_fuego
    Free Member

I've been looking into something similar, my camper has an extra water tank, so I've thought about rigging it up to a deckwash pump that the boating types use. Thing is, they are not cheap. Most kits come with a lance.

Olly
    Free Member

lol, need to choose a bike first.

Summer season, and be holding y'all up, or Trance, and be holding y'all up, but with pivots…

TooTall
    Free Member

you could, potentially, have a dirtworker

yes, yes – of course you would. Crack on then.

Grimy
    Free Member

Olly, I like your thinking!

Not sure the pressure would be quite as good, and long persistant use might eventually kill the pump, but for £8 you've got to have a go! You get points for ingenuity anyway 8)

trawler
    Free Member

deckwash pump

Mine costs £1500.

PhilChap

I use a caravan water pump with a normal hosepipe and sprayer dropped into a bucket/drum of water. A Whale pump retails at around £35. Works fine for events. The windscreen washer pump kit above would have neither the capacity,flow or pressure to be of use.
    IMHO

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Built one years ago. Same as PhilChap above.
    Used it for cx racing to stop the car getting ditched.

timber

as in screen washer? they barely make it up the windscreen
    use a brush for quick clean down

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I use one of these, its rechargeable

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Build your own Dirt worker for around 15 quid?’ is closed to new replies.