Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Build me your perfect trail centre, trail!
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

I did the Red and Blue at Whinllater on Sunday and thought it would be great to have a trail built from a riders thoughts,experiences and opinions.

Heres a chance to voice your preferences on what a perfect trail centre should have,and hopefully it might Inspire the builders themselves on what works,and whats good, and whats bad about forest trails.

Over to you 😀

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Stainburn.

But then I would say that, wouldn't I 😉

sangobegger
    Free Member

Fort william downhill red run,into Golspie(the top half)into Laggan black then red followed by the downhill on the east of Fyrish at Evanton,a final blast down Golspie red and a pint in the Sligachen Hotel.Easy!!

james
    Free Member

I'd include the black bits at whinlatter for a start

Laggan Black, Kirroughtree McMoab, Black bits at Dalbaettie, Golspie Black and upper sections of the Red, Later sections of Penmachno, Innerliethen Minch Moor, The Black section on Cli-mach X, Final DH of Cwm Carn XC, Upper and Middle sections of Dunkeld DH track, Stainburn, wooden sections at grizedale (have to be permentantly frozen somehow), the rooty up/over bit at Hamsterley, Dalby Black, Kielder Black, Newcastleton Red, Final section of Ae somehow mixed together with loads more I haven't ridden ..

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

Gay?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

The final long decent through the trees Marin trail I seem to remember being great fun despite coming at the end of a loop of Penmachno, then Marin and being thoroughly soaked, windblown and under nourished/under fit. And the last decent to the cafe half way round the Beast at Coed-y-Brenan? The swoopy black stuff through the trees at Llandegla was fun.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It just wouldn't have any kerbs or really tight corners on the climbs, or jumps on uphills, or jump too close before or after corners, or fireroad descents. And it would finish at the hub cafe, on a sunny day.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Start off with a free unlimited uplift to the top then :

Chinese gardens at Rivi from the steps to the left of the pond over the bridge and swoopy bit to the steps at the end straight into the top section of Innerleithen from Minch moor to the bit where the circles are then into Spooky woods of Glentress then into the 2nd 3rd of the DH at innerleithen followd by Caddon Bank that leads into the DH run at Morzine straight into the bar for a swift one before heading onto the last bit of Penmachno and the Marin before being uplifted back to the top.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The sheep track climb at Glencorrwg
    Mark of Zorro at Nant-y-Arian
    Some steep but short forest road climb
    A fairly steep boulder-infested descent from Dragon's Back, finishing with one of Rowan Sorrel's gigantic berms sections from Brechfa
    A huge chairlift
    Smnith's Combe, leading into the final two blown-out descents of The Marin Trail, finishing in Holford Combe at Stella's Tea Garden

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

start off with section 13/14/15/16 at Cannock, but with more rollercoaster step-up's and a few step downs would be nice. Add a wall-ride to the top of the last big left hander on section 14 as well.

Into the packhorse track (stanage), but with more corners.

Into the woods on the west side of jacobs ladder, the properly rooty rocky singletrack bit and the flat out jumpy bit. Ending in the huge takeoff/spine/tabletop/thing at the bottom of Robins Wood (near Derby).

Basicly a mix of stupifyingly fast corners, big (but with little risk) jumps, and absurd technicality (but still rideable at any level if your confident and take it slow).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Build me your perfect trail centre, trail!’ is closed to new replies.