Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Buggering your life up?
  • thefettler
    Free Member

recession what recession!!

bukkakehairdo
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    In one 5 min phone call in which I had to make an on the spot decision, I chose the wrong one, a decision which lost me the potential to increase my annual profits by tens of thousands.

😯 that sure as hell puts things into perspective for me! I now feel so lucky to have only have lost my business and house in the last year thanks to divorce.

djglover
    Free Member

Not that your bitter then?

iDave
    Free Member

post-divorce, i've had to check down the back of the sofa for coins so i could eat

i've had big C scare

it's all life, its all fukin better than the alternative

never, ever, ever give up, NEVER accept the shit,

mboy
    Free Member

I don't see how you can turn your life around in a recession. Perhaps someone can explain it to me please?

I'm feeling your pain there CG! No new job by the new year for me = declaring myself personally bankrupt! Still worse things happen…

Got a similar story to the one about the kid wanting to join the marines. A guy who used to work for me a few years ago who was to all intents and purposes a good lad, though a bit easily lead. His mates as I understand it weren't that bad a bunch, but they liked to cause mischief. Anyway, for a laugh his mates came up with the idea of "faking" an armed robbery on, of all places, the local Premier Inn hotel! Anyway…

Long story short, 4 of em apparently walked into the Premier Inn in Balaclavas, BB guns in hand, scared the crap out of the poor girl on the reception (as you would!), got her to empty the till… All £50 of it (yeah seriously, how thick can you be!)…

They got pulled over in their car about a mile down the road by the cops so I believe… He got 6 years inside for assisting an armed robbery, and he was the one driving the car (he hadn't even gone inside!)… Idiots!

Also, I'm trying to remember the name of the girl but right now it escapes me, but about 10 years ago you may or may not remember that a teenage girl was murdered on a train in France? She was my ex GF's best mate! What do you say when you find out something like that? 😕

That story about the seals on the beach though has really brightened me day! Yeah, I know it's awful, but it's damned funny…

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

I know times are hard an all that but at least the majority of us can have a good laugh. That seal story has had me in tears of laughter!

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Buggering your life up?’ is closed to new replies.