Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bugger, keep missing out on deals (on-one)
  • ChrisS
    Free Member

So first it was the Merlin Formula Oro K18s: they were £150 for a week, then jumped to £170 last weekend, I ordered a pair and they are now back down to £150.

Now it's On-one. I ordered a Ti 456 frame a week ago, now they are chucking in a free pair of forks:
    See here

<sigh>

Thing is whenever I wait to buy something the prices seem to go up, yet whenever I buy they then go down.

Maybe I should return the frame and brakes unused in their original packaging for a refund then re-order 😉 , seems a bit iffy but a free pair of forks is a free pair of forks :mrgreen:

ChrisS
    Free Member

Blimey, what can I say, emailed Merlin and they've been incredibly helpful. Fantastic customer service – highly recommended. 😀

roach

I'm sure On One would be able to sort you out, otherwise send them back under distance selling regs and re-order. Surely worth the hassle for a new set of forks?

richc
    Free Member

I would email them and see what they say, what have you got to lose.

That is a hell of deal isn't it.

nuke

Thats the flip-side of good offers like this: it'll really piss off anybody who's just paid full whack. I'd be spitting feathers if I was missing out on a free pair of RS Rev U-Turn with Maxle. Hopefully O-O can sort you out

Fantastic deal btw…So tempting

ChrisS
    Free Member

I emailed Podge back, he was very apologetic but reckoned it was just the on-one way. Kinda reluctant to return the frame as it seems a bit of a crappy thing to do, although as you say it's probably worth it for a new set of forks.

nicko74

Obviously not best to plan this out in public, but check out the distance selling regs – you are perfectly entitled to return your frame for a full refund without having to give a reason.
    Shame On-One can't help you out, though – kinda suggests a slightly relaxed attitude to retaining loyal customers. 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

nicko – bit unfair on O-O – where are they supposed to draw the line? last week? last month? all Ti456 owners?

specials are to encourage sales, not really reward existing customers.

roach

Fair to On One or not – I'd be straight down the post office with that frame if I was you! 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

but check out the distance selling regs – you are perfectly entitled to return your frame for a full refund without having to give a reason.

Would O-O be obliged to homour the deal in this case?

sorry I agree with stoner, it hurts but where would they draw the line?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

if youre literally a week out I'm surprised they wont sort you out something out of goodwill, even if it was, say, do the forks at cost for you.

I agree specials are to generate new business but companies with good customer service surely benefit from repeat custom, and having evangelical customers who plug their product to anyone who will listen (such as On Ones on STW!).

roach

It would have to be the number of days you have to return the product by under the DS regs. Bit pointless for everyone involved if they force you to return and re-purchase.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Yeah, I know technically I'd be within my rights to return the frame, but I'm seriously reluctant to because it seems like a rather naff way to behave. I've bought a fair bit of stuff from on-one over the years and they've always been great, a bit random, but great and I have no desire to mess them about.

Oh well, perhaps I'll drop them a quick email explaining the situation and see what they say….

richc
    Free Member

why not give them a call, much better than email and won't eat into your 7 day cooling off period

daveplanetx
    Free Member

chris

drop me a mail

lets see what we can do

dave

dave@planet-x-bikes.com

ChrisS
    Free Member

All sorted now, what can I say? Fantastic customer service from on-one. Thanks Dave I'm a very happy on-one fanboy!

desf
    Free Member

Lucky you didn't manage to sell the frame yesterday then!
    😉

neilb67
    Free Member

ChrisS, had my first dealings with On-one last week when I bought one of their Inbred frames. First class. Very quick delivery and a nice Cadburys Flake to boot.

Although I will say my mate got 3 in his box….. 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Three???!! Mine 'went missing' though it was during the rather hot weather the other week, so could have melted out the bottom of the box. Still – I got an ace deal on some forks and bars, and the delivery was seriously fast too – they're on form at the moment.

ChrisS
    Free Member

@desf yeah I know, I'd forgotten I posted that, I only got one silly low offer on the frame anyway and had decided to keep it. Gonna start build it up this afternoon, can't wait. Fancied one of these for ages but was just having a post purchase wobble over the money, reread a few of the reviews and there was no way I was going to sell it.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Their delivery is definitely on form, I've had to wait a week or so previously but my frame was posted out next day.

emac65
    Free Member

Same here,posted within a day or two…..

BTW,Those 3 flakes were lovely 😛

gonetothehills
    Free Member

emac65 – Member

Same here,posted within a day or two…..

BTW,Those 3 flakes were lovely

Yeah, but think of the calories! Very excited about the new 26" ti XC frame – don't know when it's going to be available though…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bugger, keep missing out on deals (on-one)’ is closed to new replies.