Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bugger it!
  • stany
    Free Member

I’d been warned but kept forgetting to check. Just been out for a cracking ride, not too muddy and trails running fast, although a bit greasy, which I like.
    Anyhoo, gave the bike a washdown and glanced at the stays as I peeled the goo off. Sure enough, cracked both sides.
    Oh well, she’s still under warranty. Just!!!

wwaswas

a cracking ride

indeed 🙁

lucien

Giant, Cannondale……mmmmm let me think….Specialized?

woody2000

Something Ti?

stany
    Free Member

Shoulda proofed that before posting. Ho hum
    Lesser spotted Trek Scratch.

woody2000

Wow, way off!

How’ve you managed to break one of those?!

honourablegeorge

woody2000 – Member

How’ve you managed to break one of those?!

“Trek”

Trekster

glupton1976
    Free Member

Can’t be titanium, they’re frames for life.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was riding about 3ft behind one of my friends when both his chainstays parted company.Was already on his 2nd scratch 😯

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I broke a trek frame…….then moved to a cannondale………and that frame snapped too! some people never learn eh?! probably should move to a spesh, just to complete the set 😆

to be fair both bikes have a life time warrenty on the frames – got both the trek and the cannondale frames replaced, took around 4 weeks (8 for the cannondale, but that’s a different story), but replaced free of charge (as long as you strip and build the bike back up yourself – still have both bikes now

jota180
    Free Member

to be fair both bikes have a life time warrenty on the frames

Hasn’t that now been defined as ‘for the life of the frame’ 😕

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

not really sure, possibly although i did get both frames replaced free of charge and how would they define ‘life of the frame’? i’d say a snap would class as the end of a frames life, however i get ‘unlimited’ text messages with my mobile contract and that actually means 3,000 a month, so i’m sure there are any amount of tricks to get out of paying

stany
    Free Member

Lifetime warranty on the front triangle but only 3 years on the stays. 5 months left on it.
    Woody – I was but just riding along sir 🙂 By the looks of it, it’s been a progressive thing. FoD 3 weeks ago wouln’t have helped

stany
    Free Member

Update.
    Put the claim in this morning, Trek had ordered a new stay from Europe by lunchtime.
    Should be with me by mid week. Assuming I get on with it, I won’t have to resort to the road bike on my Thursday day off.
    I’ll update but already a big thumbs up for service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bugger it!’ is closed to new replies.