Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bugger… I wonder if this chap will honour his eBay auction result eh!?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Just missed out on this bad boy, my snipe was a touch too low 🙁 . Was only really looking at it to strip and sell the parts (I'm not a trader before anyone asks, but I will grab a bargain/opportunity when I see one!), quite disappointed I missed out, 'twas a bloody steal!(I think?)

Softride FAS TT

Zipp 999 wheelset, campy record, tektro carbon (a bit cheap on this 'no expenses spared' build!), profile carbon bars/forks etc… all rather nice 🙂 went for £1220 all in (I sniped for £1200, should've gone for a touch more 🙁 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You're wondering if someone else will honour an eBay transaction???????? 😆

The door was left so wide open, it'd be rude not to… 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bloody mingin I think

psychle
    Free Member

that's kinda my point Elfin… Chap reckons he set a reserve of £3k, but he didn't, did he! So it's sold for way less, and technically (according to STW) he has to honour it!?

psychle
    Free Member

Bloody mingin I think

Wasn't after it for the frame… they're an interesting beast, out of date now I guess, but ruled in Triathlons for quite a while!

brant
    Free Member

Winner is an ebay member with 0 feedback? Smells fishy from here.

psychle
    Free Member

ah… didn't notice that, guessing he might've sniped himself eh?

nuke

Winner is a new eBay user, 3 bids in last 30 days all on that item.

That'll be back up for sale with a 're-listed due to timewaster' in the description 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chap reckons he set a reserve of £3k

Doesn't say 'reserve not met' though does it?

and technically (according to STW) he has to honour it!?

Not according to STW, but according to eBay rules.

Having been fecked about with on eBay by ****, I can't abide any dishonourable dealings.

atlaz
    Free Member

psychle – do you trawl ebay looking for the most ugly old bikes you can find? Honestly, either this is your job (in which case, fair play) or you need to seek professional help (or an optician) 😯

OmarLittle
    Free Member

one of my mates has the zipp frame similar to that and uses it for triathlons – it looks ridiculous but his times on it are about half a minute faster over a 10 than on his transition tt bike

Hairychested
    Free Member

Holy ****! One of the ugliest bikes ever.

psychle
    Free Member

it ain't pretty, but sure was effective at reducing a 40km triathlon leg (some claim by up to 82 seconds, which is a bloody lot in a race!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bugger… I wonder if this chap will honour his eBay auction result eh!?’ is closed to new replies.