Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Budget Smartphones – any good?
  • Kahurangi

My contract phone is dying, my contract has come to and end and it’s bout time I joined the smartphone revolution.

Apps, internet, GPS and all the usual malarkey. Don’t have any specific demands.

I want to buy myself instead of being tied in to a contract though and don’t really want to spend loads.

I see things like the Samsung Galaxy Ace. 3.5″ screen, 800 mHz proc. The HTC Wildfire has an even slower processor.

So what might be any good? Do I have to go and get a 2nd hand Desire to get anywhere?

Are the ‘budget’ ones crippled or just lacking speed and future-proofing?

flipiddy
    Free Member

An unlocked and rooted orange San Francisco is a superb phone and worth a look. Will cost you just under a ton.

coffeeking
    Free Member

cinnamon – I’ll take that at that price.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I tried a Sony music live phone, £100 odd on Virgin, it was fast but small screen and poor battery life.

There’s a website that compares computers that has a section on android phones.

pete68
    Free Member

I’ve got the HTC wildfire ( not the s ). Can’t wait to upgrade it. Good when working properly, but freezes very regularly. Can only get it to restart by taking the battery out. I’m on my 4th in 18 months. My wide gave up with hers entirely and bought an I phone.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve got the Wildfire, its OK but does freeze-up sometimes, and the battery life is crap…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Budget Smartphones – any good?’ is closed to new replies.