Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Budget light for the bars….
  • lovewookie

I use a triple Cutter/Lumi bosh together on a helmet mount at the moment and while it's bright and gives good distance I feel that I'd benefit from something bar mounted to give additional light so I can see the trail directly in front of the bike, as I prefer the helmet mount setup so I can see a bit of distance in front of me. If I set it up to see what's in front of the bike I don't get the distance.

so, I'm looking for something preferably under £50 that will give a run time of 2+hours. You lot seem to like the torches, any of them? or is there something better?

Thanks

tinsy
    Free Member

yes the DX bike specific light, but stock and waiting times doesnt sound good right now..

uplink
    Free Member
    lovewookie

Hmm, looks good. Are they really as good as people make out?

uplink
    Free Member

Others seem to like them, I've not been able to try mine yet as Santa is looking after it 🙂

DX seem to take around 5-6 weeks to deliver

This lot may be quicker
    http://www.bestofferbuy.com/haiii-ssc-p7c-sxo-3mode-900lumen-led-bike-light-set-p-27282.html

thepurist

Placed my order with BoB 08:07 on 15/12. Shipping notification received at 18:55 on 16/12. After waiting 3 weeks for DX while they were out of stock.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm, looks good. Are they really as good as people make out?

For £50 you won't even get close. In fact I doubt you'd get better for £150, maybe £200.

lovewookie

sounds good, there's one on ebay…..;-)

rangeroy
    Free Member

this is 3$ more & has the UK style charger & 5 modes
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30864

z1ppy

rangeroy, though i would agree that with the 'normal' torches the 5 mode is useful, as the low on the 2 mode 'normal' torches is pitiful, on the 2 mode bastid (as per your link) the low beam is actually more a medium & so very useful – no need for the 5 modes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Budget light for the bars….’ is closed to new replies.