Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Budget dropper post options
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

So my reverb which I’ve only used about 6 times (it’s been sat on a bike in the garage for about 2 years while I’ve been lazy) has just come back from rock shox as ‘not economically to repair’.

Thus I need a replacement and a cheap one at that.

Does anyone have real world experience of things like the Nukeproof Oklo air, Giant Switch Sl or any of the really cheap TranzX stuff that Bikediscount.de sells?

Cheers in advance.

poah
    Free Member

what size?

nickjb
    Free Member

I put a tmars on the wife’s bike as a temporary measure to see whether she liked the idea. As it turns out there are very few, if any, other posts that will fit so it’s stayed on there. Its worked fine. Needs a grease every now and then and the action isn’t as nice as my command post but hard to argue with the price.

GolfChick
    Free Member

ohhh that doesnt bode well for me, i’ve sent one back out of warranty in the hope they fix it so I can sell it on. Did they say what was wrong or what the symptoms were?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Well the remote didn’t work at all, the button was just loose to move in and out and there was little on no resistance in the post at all.

I need a 30.9 external as I don’t really want to drill a hole in a carbon nomad…

Do you have a link to what you used nickjb?

grahamt1980

I got a transx from them. Only had a couple of rides on it so far but it works as a dropper should.
    Only issue is they are a bit short in length so not great if you have a lot of standover height

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have the stealth TranzX post and, other than the supplied cables being awful, it works very nicely. And it was only about £80. I have been running two, one for six months and one for four. Once a decent set of stainless steel inners and quality outers hace been installed they are great.

hambl90
    Free Member

I have one of the giant droppers and I’m currently looking for a replacement . It’s been back 3 times under warranty for replacement air cartridge and the saddle is rotating badly. Giants warranty has been good but the product is very poor in my experience . If I were you I’d be looking at the cheaper ks posts like the eten or crux.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you have a link to what you used nickjb?

just search for tmars on eBay. There’s loads. Agricultural gravity dropper style and not top quality but they do the job.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Thanks for the info I’ll rule the Giant out then.

Ideally I want infinite travel adjust rather than set heights and pref 125mm – 150mm drop.

Moon / stick.

Might have to look at a slightly higher price bracket.

Out of interest anyone tried the Magura electric one? Wondering how reliable it is?

samcuk87
    Free Member

The new Giant Contact SL is bang on!! £120 from Winstanley, not had a problem with mine. It’s the MK2 though not the original one.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The new Giant Contact SL is bang on!! £120 from Winstanley, not had a problem with mine. It’s the MK2 though not the original one.

@samcuk87 – how long have you been using your Giant post for? Just wondering if they have sorted the reliability now?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Budget dropper post options’ is closed to new replies.