Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Budget cable cutters
  • Aidy
    Free Member

I want a cheap set to leave in the car, anyone recommend a set?

trail_rat
    Free Member

why would you leave cable cutters in the car

and on that note a pair of high leverarge side cutters from toolstop does the job for me

kayak23

Superstar. Nuff said.

Northwind

These:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-AK503-Wire-Rope-Spring-Cutter-190mm-/320964761247?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item4abafd969f
    Are the best cable cutters I’ve ever had- way better than my Parks. So not totally bargain-basement, but cheap enough, and brilliant.

There’s cheaper ones that look very much the same, but no guarantee that they will be unfortunately. As low as £8.

The Superstar Pro one is not bad at all- again, better than my Parks, though they did wear out a little fast for my taste, I like tools to last forever. That said, they did good service and strung up a load of bikes, more use than most people will ask of a tool in a decade I reckon. So definately Good Enough. The crimper is poor but the wee pokey thing on the side is genius, reopens squashed cable outers like a baws.

atlaz
    Free Member

Got mine from screwfit. Not perfect but sharp enough cost me about a tenner

Aidy
    Free Member

why would you leave cable cutters in the car

Well, if you keep spare cables in the car, then something to cut them with is nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Budget cable cutters’ is closed to new replies.