Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Budget £200-your mission should you accept it, to help find my nephews first MTB
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Had a text tonight from my nephew, “uncle John you know a bit about bikes ( I don’t but let’s not upset the lad) I have decided that for my 13th birthday I would like a mountain bike that will be good for going downhill, and stand up to a bit of knocking around. I have a budget of 200 pounds and I would like the bike before my birthday on Saturday.”

No pressure here then! So I have already determined he will accept 2nd hand and a hard tail but doesn’t want to build himself just wants to jump on and ride. This gives me a dilemma as my first thought was that I had a few bits and pieces lying around so if we could find him a good frame and fork we could build something up, he has scuppered this.

Thoughts everyone?

cynic-al
    Free Member

SH, anything new at that price will fall to bits.

MoreCashThanDash

Pretty sure a second hand Inbred and bits from tbe classifieds would just about be doable for that. Would be great if he would help you build it as well.

Otherwise, Decathlon Rockrider (5.1?) assuming he isn’t a budding downhill God

johnj2000
    Free Member

MCTD- would love to build it with him but he is 350 miles away 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Which one of you is nearest to Decathlon then? 😕

boxelder

Luck and/or patience needed for that tall order.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Breaks my heart to think what a nice bike we could build up together even if I shipped him the parts, but it looks like a decathlon special or possibly halfords Carreras?

cynic-al
    Free Member

While those bikes are good value, if he rides it off road much it will need a LOT of work/parts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

are you suggesting he needs spoons and carbon wrap then al 😉

tymbian
    Free Member

SH Spesh Hard rock disc
    SH Giant STP
    Halford Carrera ( dont Halfords have a sale on atm)

johnj2000
    Free Member

I am feeling the pressure, not many 14-16″ bikes out there are there.

MoreCashThanDash

Absolutely nothing wrong with Carrera or Decathlon bikes for the money.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Quite a few options on pinkbike!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Budget £200-your mission should you accept it, to help find my nephews first MTB’ is closed to new replies.