Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Bucks Off Road Sportive this Sunday…
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Anyone else doing it? Signed up for the 132km route & hoping for better weather than last weekend!

ononeorange

Mrs is doing the 84k with a pal as I’m injured – I aim to help out though at start / finish. Will be the first one I’ve missed for years.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Will be my first time this year, looks fun/challenging.

aP
    Free Member

Me too. I’ll be riding my cross bike.

pedalhead
    Free Member

singlespeed 29er here

oldgit
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind if there was a place, missus has the car that weekend and I don’t have an MTB just the crosser. Apart from that I’m good to go.

ononeorange

Ace ride in the dry, all quite do-able but don’t underestimate how our little southern hills do creep up! It’s very well organised and has a great atmosphere.

Enjoy – wish I was doing it. If you see a bloke on crutches looking envious, come and say hello!

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup 132Km 🙂 🙁 HT here 🙂

london_lady
    Free Member

I shall be trudging round on the cx – not sure about which distance to ride – shall see how I feel on the day.

pedalhead
    Free Member

all you lot on your CX bikes, give me a wave as you fly past me on the flats, spinning like crazy on my 32:19!

Jason
    Free Member

132km for me this year. Also dragging my wife around. Both on hardtail mtbs. I did the long route last year and thought it was a good ride.

clareymorris

I’m going to pop over and watch a bit – Mum only lives about 2 miles from Old Shire lane (in Harefield, by the Coy Carp pub)

Where is the start/finish by the way?

clareymorris

……..or a good spot to watch?

pedalhead
    Free Member

start/finish is approx here

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I’m in, with a mate, probably going to be the only two people on sussers by the sound of it!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

132 as well. Let’s hope it’s dry 😉

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Yep, 132km for me on Sunday. Thoroughly enjoyed the 121km route last year so have been looking forward to doing it again. 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

What’s trail conditions like? Must not ask what tyre, must not, must resist.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

In terms of forecast it looks like the area will get a good dowsing of rain tommorrow so I imagine up round Wendover way it might get slighlty claggy in places with the Chiltern chalks and clays…

I’m going to be running Rocket Ron Evo 2.1 f / Racing Ralph Evo 2.1 r, roll nice and fast for the distance and the Rocket Ron on the front grips well even if it gets abit sticky in places.

simon_g

I’m thinking of doing it too (just short one, mind) – lived in Uxbridge for a few years but never got round to joining WDMBC or doing this event. Expecting some of the trails to be quite familiar though!

Dickyboy

My brother & I will be doing the full 132km, anyone know if places available on the day as got a mate who’s interested in joining us?

Edit – he’s just entered on line 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Everyone getting ready?
    Just checking my tubs and sorting out kit.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yep, bike good to go, albeit with far too low a gear. Kit drying on the radiator. Just polished off a huge bowl of pasta, rice & chicken 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

wave if you see a chap on a Pegasus w/ Lefty 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’ll be on FS Zesty 714. Looks dry but clouds darkening!

benslow
    Free Member

FREE ENTRY AVAILABLE

My mate can’t do this anymore and I’ve run out of time trying to persuade him otherwise …

SO, theres an entry going spare should anyone want it.

Its for the 132km route option and its free.

Email me and I’ll send you his registration email.

First come first served, etc …

Really looking forward to this and just hoping those dark clouds blow over !

Jason
    Free Member

Sort of ready. Kids with the baby sitters (In-laws). Bikes both sorted and ready to roll. Route on GPS. Just need to think about food now.

I am on a Scott Scale, and my wife is on an On-One Whippet. As for tyres, we have one Rocket Ron and three Crossmarks between us. I had to bin one of my Rocket Rons earlier as it had so many splits in it I didn’t think it would survive the route!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Good luck Pedalhead, Jay will be there. I will be mostly at work eating the lemon curd muffins I just baked! Oh well I have a trip to Coed y Brenin to look forward to in 2 weeks time. ENjoy lads/lasses I will do my sunshine dance before bed tonight.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Me and three friends for the 135km route. And one doing the 100.

Cove Hummer…..is my nobby Nic too nobby!?

Bike in car and energy drinks in fridge 🙂

MM

xcstu
    Free Member

Yep will be doing it seeing as the club I ride for organize it 🙂

Hoping for the same weather as last year.. dusty and dry.. well a few got wet at the end of the day!

disben

Im doing the 102km – on a Specialized FSR – depending on weather may even be wearing my stw jersey – did 82km last year and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Did a 72km in the area last week and the trails were very nice – very little mud. Live in Hillingdon so nice and easy to get there!

Weather wise – have just looked at some detailed weather forecasts I get through work and it looks like there wont be much rain around tomorrow or tonight.

See u all there!

mashiehood
    Free Member

evening all – my first ever bucks 100 – cant wait

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers MC, looking forward to it. Ben’s there too…and I think maybe Matt as well. Muffins look awesome as always!

Dr_Bakes

Benslow/Dominic I can’t see your email in your profile but I’m interested. Presumably you can opt for a shorter distance if needs be as I’m not 100% sure I’ve got 132km in my legs but will see? Hopefully you can see my email to let me know if the entry is still available?

disben

Dr_bakes – I think they are fine for a change of length on the day – its in an email they sent out back in April

pedalhead
    Free Member

Roger, of course you’ve got 132km in your legs. 😀 There are also 45 places available on the day if you can’t get benslow’s, and you can definitely change the distance on the day. They also sent out a subsequent email to say the start times have changed to 09:00 for the 100/132 and 09:30 for the 80km.

Dr_Bakes

Cheers Mark, I think I’d probably opt for the 102km but I guess I could see how things go. I don’t think Matt’s doing it as his back has been giving him gyp by the way. I’ll wait and see if Benslow checks here before I commit but might see you in the morning?!

pedalhead
    Free Member

ah shame about Matt. Hope to see you tomorrow mate

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Jay is going too! Sorry I can’t be there with the muffins! Getting super excited about Bristol Bike Fest though (and weekend at CyB!).
    Enjoy everyone. Next year I’ll look at it!
    Oh and Pedalhead you’ll have to let us know what the route is like, maybe we can do it again one weekend.

kerv
    Free Member

Another one here, doing the 132 with three mates, two full sussers, one Cube hard tail and another mate who’s just got back into it on his ancient Spesh with rigid forks and V brakes!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Bucks Off Road Sportive this Sunday…’ is closed to new replies.