Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bucks Off Road Sportive – Conditions?
  • boondock

Anyone else planning to do the Bucks Off Road Sportive tomorrow? Hopefully going to do 100km depending on the conditions – at least the weather is looking good.

In two minds about which bike to take – HT which has a pair of Mud X’s already on it or the take CX bike which has a bit of knobiliness on the tyres.

Any locals been out in the area today? Is it still a bogfest which will only get worse after 500 bikes have ploughed through or are the trails drying nicely?*

Cheers!

*please say drying nicely as I really want to take the CX bike! Is it actually do-able on a CX bike?

disben

Im doing the ride tomorrow with my wife – so doing 74km as its her first time that far off road. Did 100km last year. Was up last weekend and it was still fairly muddy so reckon it will be still (ie lots of rain and 1.5 days of sun – not going to make much of a difference!).

Seen several CX bikes up there in the past – think it is definitely possible!

Murray

Drier than the last few weeks which means deep puddles rather than submerged paths around Hyde Heath. Plan for mud. Sorry.

Trimix
    Free Member

My mate “Pedalhead” was riding there on Thursday – he said it was very muddy. I reckon bits will be shite, but other bits dry. At least the sun is shining which is a plesant change.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’m doing the long route tomorrow. Bit nervous about the bad conditions and 80 miles.

kerv
    Free Member

Long route for me too, praying for scorching temperatures and high winds overnight till about 7.30am! 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

cx should be better in the mud than a mtb apart from the clearance of course, but if your gearings not right it could hurt!

i actually think the sun will just thicken up the mud making it even harder to turn the wheels.

oh and mtfu theres bound to be some singlespeeder who will do it, secretly wishing they had gears of course 😉

im not doing it of course, just killing time whilst missus watching tv

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I did it last year and it was fine. There were single speeders too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bucks Off Road Sportive – Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.