Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buckled tyres??
  • richwales

Can tyres buckle? Put a UST tyre (used) tubeless on a straight, true rim and its throwing out with quite a significant buckle, despite being seated on the rim and with no visible defects. Will it reform over time with riding?
    cheers

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had this with a Maxxis Advantage. Made the wheel look buckled yet it was seated properly and evenly on both sides and the wheel was indeed straight.

Not sure if it was always like this or whether it was because on the first attempt at inflating tubeless, I put too much pressure in it getting it to seat well and it blew off the rim.

Riding it fairly extensively didn’t improve the wobble.

I think there was another post recently about a rippled sidewall and wobbling UST tyre on here recently, because it burped whilst they were riding it.

Cheezpleez

I’ve had this once or twice, with a Conti Speed King. Sorted it with w/up liquid around the bead and blowing it up to 60+psi. Doesn’t always work though.

honourablegeorge

Have had it happen with Conti Rubber Queens. Riding them didn’t help.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Sometimes I think it seems to damage or stretch the carcass irretrievably. The Advantage looked perfectly seated on the second attempt – an even side wall depth and lines all round the rim, but it looked like the wheel was out of true by half an inch or more.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Something similar here…poxy tubeless

jedi

i had it with rubber queens, the side walls deformed and would blow off the rim 🙁
    dumped them

transapp
    Free Member

Had it with a nobby nic, the side wall blew out soon after. I’ll bin anything that does that again…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buckled tyres??’ is closed to new replies.