Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buckled rotors,fix or bin?
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Are they for the bin or can I successfully bend them back in a delicate way,anyone succeeded or shall I get my wallet out?

kayak23

Depends how bad. I’ve bought some back that were fairly warped with an adjustable spanner and a tweak in the right places.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHdQkm14JVw[/video]

Garry_Lager

Try the adjustable wrench – it’s hit or miss IME, but can work. I think there is a dedicated tool, which presumably more effective.

legend
    Free Member

just bending them back into shape by hand works fine for me

Ambrose

As above- if you succeed you’ve saved a bit of cash.

ricky1
    Free Member

I tried bending them slowly,tbh their not that bad but can’t run them as they are,I’ll try putting them in the vice,glad to hear someone has had some success.

br
    Free Member

The ones I’ve bent had been rather worn, so best you measure them first.

project
    Free Member

Two thin bits of wood about half inch thick,and 12 inches long.couple of washers the thicknes of the rotor, small bolt through the two of them in middle, turn bike over, put fork you have just made over rotor and apply a small amopunt of force at places rotor hits pads, a felt tipped pen helps to make high points, and repeat.

Easy.

carlos
    Free Member

Don’t bother taking them off the bike it’s much easier and less faffing.

Put bike in stand or turn upside down, spin wheel gently to find where it rubs, use a clean adjustable spanner just wide enough to fit the disc and where it rubs pop the spanner over the disc and give it a gentle tug/push, repeat as required. This might take a bit of time to get the hang if it but it defo works. I find looking directly down on the calliper is much easier to see which side the disc rubs on rather than guessing.

If it’s the rear, taking the chain off helps

booktownman
    Free Member

See Northwind’s clever bodge for helping true rotors in this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/buckled-wheel-causing-brake-flutter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buckled rotors,fix or bin?’ is closed to new replies.