Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BT/Phone engineers
  • MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Looking into moving to a bigger workshop, the workshop (part of another business) has a phone plug/box in it already, but it is connected to their main number.

So how hard/much cost would it be to get that plug/box it own/new number?

Just there was no signal on my mobile

Thanks

bigyinn
    Free Member

New single analogue line needs installing by the sound of it. It’s likely that the socket there is an internal extension for their phone system.
    Drop me a mail and I can do you a quote for a new line etc.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks for that Bigyinn,
    Email sent.

Flaperon

Alternatively, if you can get a reliable internet connection without the phone line (just realised how stupid that sounds) then you could consider something like VOIP.

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/

bigyinn
    Free Member

Unless he can borrow an adjacent office’s connection that a non starter.
    Voip still needs a connection to the internet to work. Pretty much all mobile networks will have a major tantrum if you try and run voip / sip over their data connections. Wifi is ok however.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If the other firm has it’s own PBX they may provide a line for you (and charge I’d assume), otherwise a new Phone line from a telco would be what’s needed. BT charge would typically be £99 + VAT for connection then rental depending on which plan you take

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks again for the info,
    PBX is that private branch exchange as in extension numbers off the main line/number?

On the night ride tonight someone mentioned vodafone Sure signal so another thing to look into, I need to go back and get some more info.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

PBX – yes Private Branch eXchange

breadcrumb

On the night ride tonight someone mentioned vodafone Sure signal so another thing to look into, I need to go back and get some more info

You still need a phone line with internet connection. I have one at home, it plugs into my router.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BT/Phone engineers’ is closed to new replies.