Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • BTinternet email service down for 4 days – anybody else?
  • bikemike1968
    Free Member

I’ve had no email service from BT since Saturday. No word from them as to when it might come back. I’ve jumped through all the hoops to get a response – nothing. Getting pretty hacked off now.
    I have used their btyahoo email service for years without any problems. Then last week I was moved over to their new BTmail system. It worked fine for two days and then… Nothing.
    Anybody on here lost theirs? Lots of mumbling on twitter so I’m definitely not alone.

DezB
    Free Member

I have used their btyahoo email service for years without any problems. Then last week I was moved over to their new BTmail system.

Er, the switch over was a month or so ago, so not sure how you only got switched yesterday… you didn’t fall for one of the regular phishing scam emails that come into the account on a regular basis, did you?
    Looks legit and tries to get you to switch over?

Anyway, it’s been fine for me.
    This is the login link I use – https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

It still shows as Yahoo, but this is post switch over, so is a legit way to get in.

ASC
    Free Member

same issues Mike seemed legit with switchover.
    BT site said there was issues…would seem a top pro scam if so.

I’ll check later 🙁

rocketman
    Free Member

IIRC you need to change some port numbers if you’re using IMAP but POP should be OK

https://home.bt.com/pages/email/index2.html
    http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47531

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Yes, that is exactly what I did on Wednesday. It all worked perfectly for a couple of days, but nothing since.
    Btcare said clear cookies and try again but when I try to logon to emails the BT email logon page just keeps looping back to the bt home page.
    Occasionally I get directed to a BT yahoo “make sure your bt yahoo email is secure” page, but that doesn’t work either…
    Tearing my hair out here!

DezB
    Free Member

Does that sign-in link I posted work?

verses
    DezB
    Free Member

Oh dear!
    Looks like I haven’t actually been migrated yet then 😕

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Yes, that bbc report describes what has happened to me.
    Apparently it is all fixed but mine isn’t working.
    @btcare have been in touch so I am just waiting for a phone call now.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

DezB
    Does that sign-in link I posted work?

Unfortunately not 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikemike – take this as an opportunity to migrate to an independent service like gmail.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

people still use their ISP’s for email? wow that’s so 00’s 🙂

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 other emails, but this is the household account we use for all the family stuff. All the school stuff, the kids sporting activities and all that kind of stuff come through it so losing it is a real pain.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just tried using the old yahoo password from before the changeover and it works.
    Buried in the 150 messages was one from BT saying they have gone back to yahoo for a while.
    Brilliant idea to email us to explain how to get emails working! It was only by chance I tried the old login.
    Fixed for now, until they try to migrate us over again…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘BTinternet email service down for 4 days – anybody else?’ is closed to new replies.