Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • bt vision?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

i'm thinking of moving from sky to bt vision for their sports offering.
    i'd normally avoid bt like the plague but just wondered what the bt vision service is like?
    i'm quite happy with sky ( i only have broadband and the 6 standard channel packs) but i can save money and get sky sports 1&2 into the bargain

trailmonkey

Excellent, recommend it highly.

dlongman
    Free Member

I have had nothing but trouble with my BT Vision since I got it, so much so that I now basically do not use it. It relies heavily on your broadband connection and I think that is the problem for me. The powerline adaptors just do not seem to work robustly. Maybe if you can plug it straight into your router you may have better luck, but I am trying to cancel my contract with BT.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i have had BT Vision for 4 years and apart from a few glitches it works great – the interface on the BT Vision box is superb (if a little slow)I get it free too!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I too get it free and its ok although not a great choice of up to date films
    Must say I have never had any problem with the powerline adapters, remotes are rubbish though especially the grey ones

RustyMac

I just moved from BT to Sky. Had had enough of vision. The basic stuff like getting the freeview channels and having a digital recorder are good as is the menu system however the additional stuff like on demand, movie rental especially in HD are terrible if you have a low broadband speed. For example if you want a high def movie you need to first download it to your vision box and then watch it from there i had a speed a little over 3 meg and it took almost 6 hours to download one movie.

Power line adapters are a pain in the @rse. Box would crash almost on a monthly basis. Look closely at the broadband contract for leaving them too, i tried to downgrade my service and was told I would have to pay a charge for this that equated to more than the difference of the rest of my contract period at the higher price.

I may just be bitter about my BT experience but I’d be sticking with sky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘bt vision?’ is closed to new replies.