Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bt Phone scam – what's going on here – am I at risk?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

My wife has just received a call purporting to be from BT claiming they want to provide a refund for line rental for being a good customer. My wife didn’t realise/remember that we haven’t used BT for 2 years so she sort of got a bit sucked in. They told her the file details they had – my name, our address and post code, and asked my wife to confirm them. They asked which bank we use and my wife told them, but she said she didn’t know the account so couldn’t tell them anymore. They also asked what our recent bill was, and she said she didn’t know. and that was it.

I’m guessing that they haven’t got anymore info than they already know (except the name of our bank) and no bank account numbers or card details. So i’m hoping nothing bad is coming from this. Anyone had anything similar? I’ve searched recent scams on BT and action fraud and nothing has cropped up, I think it was phone phishing and they gave up when they didn’t get bank account details.

I have got their number from 1471 and it’s not BT.

Anything I should do?

matt_outandabout

Call you bank and let them know you may have an issue…

nealglover
    Free Member

Nail your letterbox shut.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bt Phone scam – what's going on here – am I at risk?’ is closed to new replies.