Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BT mobile…. any experiences?
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Mrs BF is ready for a new contract. Was with Vodafone, but I’ve eventually persuaded her to move over to EE. Shes been offered a pretty good deal as we are existing customers (£8/m – 2MB). I know that BT are a MVNO using EEs network
    (allbeit with upload/download speeds limited to 30mps), and roaming charges abroad are high-ish. Tethering isnt allowed either – but I’m not sure shes ever used hot-spot before.

So, does anybody have any real world experience with BT mobile? Pros and Cons….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tethering isnt allowed either – but I’m not sure shes ever used hot-spot before.

I tether quite a lot without issue. I’ve been with BT for over 6 months and so far so good. I’ve had no reason to call their customer services yet though but that’s a good thing I suppose.

alanf
    Free Member

The kids have had contacts for about 8 months and I’ve been on a contract for about 3 months.
    No issues, and as I was on EE before I’ve not noticed any difference in service, which was never really an issue with EE.
    BT was a much better deal though.
    You can also get cash back through quidco

allan23
    Free Member

I switched from EE about six months ago.

Been good so far, I use a dual Sim phone with the second one my work number, that’s still on EE.

For data they’re pretty much the same, I suspect BT are piggy backing someone else for the 2G stuff as I get signal where the EE Sim is dead.

No idea on the customer services side, ordered online and the number transfer went through as expected. Even changed the data package online as I was using more calls than expected. All went through smoothly.

Only downside is the typical online voucher con all the big companies do. If you’re offered Amazon or M&S vouchers for ordering, take screen shots as proof later if needed. They claimed records showed my order didn’t qualify and wouldn’t pay out on the Amazon voucher. It was only a £20 one and I’d no proof to push it further. Don’t think that kind of problem is specific to BT as all the big companies offering vouchers seem to screw it up frequently.

BFITH
    Free Member

All sounds pretty positive…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BT mobile…. any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.