Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BT; How long?
  • duckman

So, 16 weeks and counting;next update is 1st December. Clever that giving you an update every three days isn’t it? Still,I only asked them to sort me out with a phone and broadband at the beginning of August,in a residential street,20m from the box,in a house that had an active phone line up to the time I bought it. So I can understand the delay.Anybody got any experience of getting folk like sky to fit a line for them?

IA

I asked them about a month before I was moving, to a house that’d been disconnected from BT (cable) and they turned up when they said they would. Done this twice successfully. They did charge me £130 for it though, so I would’ve been an unhappy bunny if they’d not turned up (though they did a decent job and replaced a dodgy old cable with a new one running to where I wanted it rather than were was easy, so fair play to them there).

Sorry, no help there is there?

matt23
    Free Member

Been in a new build since 3rd October – whole street had Internet and phone access from BT but ours had none. Took me two weeks of constant phone calls to get somebody to come to the house to tell me that the house was not connected to the exchange – what I had been saying for two weeks. Have had promises that departments will contact me with updates on a regular basis – I have not received one phone call from BT giving me an update – I have done al the chasing.

After 8 weeks from the original request – we finally have a phone line but still no internet. The street has been kitted out with fibre so it will be nice to eventually get something sorted.

The only thing I would suggest you do – make a note of every single phone call, expense made, time lost as a result of having no connection as BT have a compensation policy.

A very poor company with no thought towards any communication; and according to Watchdog last night on BBC1 – their service isn’t all that either – great!

duckman

None TBH, I bought the house in August and set myself a target of moving in by the start of November. I managed to gut and renovate a house in two months,I am ranting as I was informed by the nice girl that the latest delay is because they will need to shut the road to traffic while they carry out the work. The “road” is a grassed track at the back of our houses,there are no cars on it. Ofcom time I think.

doris5000

i used to work for a broadband company and dealt with BT a lot.

my favourite was the time a private school wanted a new fibre connection, which meant digging in the grounds to install the line. They didn’t want to close the school for this so it had to be done in holidays. Towards the end of summer, BT came and dug, and laid the cables. Plans were made to come back at half-term and finish up.

at half term, BT engineers came back, spent a week trying to find the cable, failed, and had to return again at christmas 😆 😆

Harry_the_Spider

It took them over a month to sort out our broadband when we moved.

Was repeatedly told that we hadn’t placed and order to which I would respond “How come you’ve sent me the Home Hub then?”. This went on and on for weeks.

They are a shower of utter utter arseholes.

zippykona

We are currently working our way through a years free service that they gave us for being so rubbish.

IA

This thread does remind me I need to bother them about our homehub5 being crap* mind, and their repeated failure to disable BT wifi on it despite me opting out many times.

*the 5Ghz channel drops connections and refuses to allow connections despite correct key being entered etc. There’s also very noisy capacitor whine when transferring data on 5Ghz. I can literally “hear the wifi”. Wish me luck getting a customer support rep to understand my issues though…

olly2097
    Free Member

Took two months for us. Ten minute job. What’s more annoying is the green box thingy is at the end of the road and BT are always at it. We have no 3g either as we live in a dead zone. It was like 1997 for two months!

toppers3933
    Free Member

@btcare on twitter have always sorted me out. its stupid that i have to resort to twitter to get anywhere but every time I’ve had issues with calling them up a quick message to them on there and its usually resolved pretty sharpish.

mj27
    Free Member

Used to do many jobs needing BT’s ‘help’ we always assigned it to the newest guy on the team to suck up their incompetence.

They assign jobs to their engineers with such poor information it makes them look stupid aswell when they are the good guys.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Could be worse. I live in France. Got the guy from France Telecom out to connect a broadband line.

He told me he couldn’t do it because the duct from their manhole to our chalet was blocked. This wasn’t entirely implausible as the straight-line route between the 2 points passed straight through the spot where the council had installed massive under-ground recycling bins (then removed them again!). So I spent half the summer digging up the garden to try to find the ends of the duct and repair it. Eventually got an electrician to come and trace the duct from the chalet end. Went to a different manhole, no worries!

MrNutt
    Free Member

in stark contrast, BT have been no bother for us (although we are still on shitty 8mb) and I ‘ve just renewed my 12mth contract for the following:

Line Rental £15.99
    Discount Caller Display £-1.75
    BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months £1.75
    Friends and Family International £1.15
    Calls to popular international destinations at low rates
    Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-on £5.00
    Includes anytime calls to UK landlines and discounts to UK mobiles
    Broadband and Calls £16.00
    Special offer discount £-10.35
    Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months

Your monthly total £27.79

which is about the best deal on phone/unlimited broadbeanband I could find.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BT; How long?’ is closed to new replies.