Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bt broadband any good??
  • brick
    Free Member

No experience of BT (so not really helping) but i’m moving from Sky to Virgin next week. Sky man said i should get average of 6MB but i looked on an online speed checker and people in my area are getting less than 1MB as we are a distance from the exchange. I have 14 days from BB activation to cancel. The telly is better with Sky though.

misterturnip
    Free Member

A few weeks ago I took the plunge and swapped my BB to BT from Sky and can honestly say there isn’t much difference. The speeds are about the same, but that is because you’re using the same infrastructure. The BT router looks nice, but has a dumbed down interface making configuring it for improved security difficult.

The main reason for swapping was cost and I’m saving £20 a month so happy.

To be honest, Sky, Virgin and BT all have call centres that employ helpful people and complete idiots, so often its simply potluck if you get decent help or not.

organic355
    Free Member

My sky router is really slow too, so there aren’t any options for getting a better one?

I had BT, and I could connect wirelessly upstairs with no problem, now with SKY our iphones keep losing connection and laptop says “network timeout”, trying to load a you tube video or stream anything upstairs is a waste of time with the Sky setup.

spacemonkey

Heard too many negative things about them over the years, so wouldn’t bother myself.

Had a call from their team a fortnight ago: bloke tried to convince me they were the best because they’re BT. I asked him to justify this three times. All he could say was, “Well, we’re BT, so we’re going to be the best.” Nuff said.

I’m sure that like anything it’s great when it’s up, but when it’s not and you have to call some numpty then the fun starts. Not my cup of tea, especially when they like to suck you into their 12 month contract. Much prefer the honesty of Zen (and their 1 month contract).

xiphon
    Free Member

There are only a handful of ISPs in the UK who aren’t resellers of BT’s ADSL service.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

horrible experience of BT- unreliable and their support was terrible. Went to o2 and found the service to be so much better. I’ve just moved house and got the Virgin fibre optic with no complaints so far. It just seems to work

wrightyson
    Free Member

Organic, have you tried changing the channel in the router?? It’s set on auto originally but after a change to manual it sometimes works better!!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bt broadband any good??’ is closed to new replies.