Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • BT AND BROADBAND SALES CALLS,
  • project
    Free Member

So for the last few weeks been getting 0800 numbers showing up on the caller display, even when ive got to the phone the caller has cut me off,(not even a bit of heavy breathing etc), when i ring the number it tells me to ring another number again an 0800 number, so rang it and spoke to a chap who english wasnt his best subject at school, or possibly even as his first language, he wanted all sorts of account detrails before he would tell me anything, after 5 minutes of talking at him he agreed to stop all the 0800 calls that where marketing calls from BT,strangely he didnt ask for my phone number.

Then tonight, an actual chap phoned up purporting to work on BEHALF OF BT, not actually working at BT, HE WAS FLOGGING BROAD BAND, the new supper dupper BT BROADBAND, that included free weekend calls and free wifi etc, as i dont own a laptop, the last bit was useless,but if ever i bought one, i would then have free wifi.

So basicly its more expensive than what i pay now, has the same free calls i get now, has free wifi i dont need, and has the best ever router on the market ever.

So is BT broadband any good.expensive or crap,

CountZero

Mine’s generally fine, although a couple of times recently I’ve had a problem with it dropping strength and losing connection with my phone, but it came back a few hours later, so it may just have been a shonky local exchange. Other than that I’ve had very few issues, and the ones I did have initially were sorted out by their Mac geeks, who have much better English than their usual helpline staff.

Xylene
    Free Member

THey phoned me one Sunday evening at 9:30. I pointed out that it was a bit late to be calling and maybe they should fark off.

Another one called on Monday at 5:30. Telling me that I had been with BT a while (6months he didn’t know this) and I should change to some new call plan which would suit me better. I asked him what I had spent in the last month on calls, he didn’t know, I asked him how long I had been with BT, he said at least a year. He told me I would benefit greatly from having friends and family nad it would reduce my bills by a lot. I asked him how he knew who I called.

I then told him that they had called at 9:30 the night before and that was taking the piss. He agreed. He then tried to get me to take broadband. I would be able to download at 100mbit. I told him that was great, would that mean my emails came faster. He said I could watch TV online. I told him I had a TV in the house and it worked just fine.

Eventually after 20 minutes or so he agreed that he would have me removed from the call list and not to be bothered again.

And so far he has kept to his word.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘BT AND BROADBAND SALES CALLS,’ is closed to new replies.