Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brussels/Spa Grand Prix
  • snaps
    Free Member

Four of us are off to Brussels until Tuesday – staying close to Nord station, any recommended bars/restaurants/sights to visit/avoid?
    Likewise Spa circuit, best places to watch – weather looks ideal.

thepurist

Lucky bstard! Don’t know about Brussels but spa circuit has so many great sections so I’d be inclined to explore as much as I could on Fri and sat and then get there early on Sunday to bag my spot. Think they’re expecting a ton of Dutch fans to roll over the border to support Max, so could be busy. And never trust the weather at spa!

sharkboy
    Free Member

Spa is absulotely brilliant. Went there 6 years in a row. If you have general admission tickets have a walk around the track. Bottom of eau rouge is good but popular, but there are plenty of other places. Be warned its a long walk around the track. Last time we were there we waited till Friday practise finished and walked through pit lane without being stopped. Watched Ferrari practise pit stops and then ended up in red bulls hospitality with free drinks. Nobody asked who we were. Wish I was going back there.

leegee

Best spectator track I’ve been to. I’d have a good walk around.

senorj

I went there in the 90s. There’s a tight corner near the pits,that was a good place to watch. Spa itself was quite pretty.
    On the way out we followed Damon Hill in a Range Rover who took us down some quiet fire roads rather quickly.avoided all the queues -cheers Damon.
    Tbh that bit was better than the Grand Prix! Ha.
    Btw don’t forget your earplugs. You can thank me on Monday:-)

j4mie
    Free Member

I used to be really into F1, would watch every race live (inc Australia / Japan) on TV, then a few years ago the family went to Spa as we’d always wanted to, I flew in for the Saturday & Sunday.

Think I fell asleep after about 3 laps and woke up after it’d finished. And that was with the ‘loud’ engines. Only watched the odd race on to since but just find it a bit boring now.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Last time we were there we waited till Friday practise finished and walked through pit lane without being stopped.

I’d be very surprised (and somewhat concerned) if you could do that this year, sadly…

santacruzsi
    Free Member

General admission ticket is what you need, not overly expensive . Great weekend away to watch the race and support races.

Take some fold up camping chairs and a ruck sack with food / beers and you’re good. They’re happy with you taking your own beers in. Go and see Eau Rouge, amazing to see the, going flat through there.

Really good weekend, been past 4 years but not this time sadly.

Good atmosphere , loads of Max Verstappen fans! Take care driving to / from circuit, cops all over the place with speed guns.

Enjoy and get lots of photos!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brussels/Spa Grand Prix’ is closed to new replies.