Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brunox fork /shock spray
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

Been using Brunox fork and shock spray for a while now and it’s great stuff, makes my forks feel a lot plusher and seem to keep everything clean for longer.

Pulled the fork lowers off for a service recently and there seems to be a build up of white waxy stuff in the grooves in the seals where the fork grease is normally packed in. The brunox spray leaves a white waxy residue so I’m guessing it’s the spray building up in the fork seals. This seems to be better than the silicone grease I have been using on the seals.

The ingredients on the brunox spray bottle list Isoparrafine as the main ingredient, and I was wondering if you can get this stuff in a solid (ish) wax form to use for packing the fork seals rather than grease.

Anyone done anything like this or know of a waxy produce for this use?

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve only had a quick google but it looks like the isoparaffin is just a solvent for carrying the lubricant (probably silicone) and to help clean the stanchions and seals.

I’ve no experience of paraffin compounds working with silicone but it looks like they are used from the table in this link: http://www.idemitsu.com/products/petrochemicals/chemicals/solvent.html

Other thought I had was the stuff is a paraffin based lube but I suspect not.

The solvent will be a main component as they are heavily thinned to spray and penetrate. This should dissolve away leaving the lubricant behind.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Cheers Andy, nice technical reply 🙂 I did wonder if it was silicone but it seems toleave a white ish waxy residue. The stuff left in the fork seal grooves was a white waxy solid that didn’t seem to be removed by strong drgreasers, hence me thinking it was a wax type substance.

I may just melt down some candles and stuff that in the forks 😉 Should smell nice when it warms up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brunox fork /shock spray’ is closed to new replies.