Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Browsing the forum on Android kills my phone
  • TheFlyingOx

Anyone got any ideas why browsing the forum on my phone kills the browser? It’ll load the first couple of pages fine but then just hangs. I need to quit, force close and clear the cache before it will even load google again. Doesn’t happen on any other website. I’ve tried the bog-standard Android browser, Opera mini, Opera, Dolphin and Dolphin HD and they all have the same issue.

iDave
    Free Member

mine’s always been fine on dolphin HD

kimbers

mines fine with opera mini what phone ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Funnily enough it seems to have problems with the chrome browser on my PC. Google hates STW?

Fine on my desire hd. One of the slower sites to load and a few quirks when typing in the post reply box but no other probs

bigyinn
    Free Member

No issues here using android. Try clearing the internet cache first.

fbk
    Free Member

Fine on my Desire using the standard browser. No problems on Chrome on my PC too 🙂

TheFlyingOx

Hmmmm. It’s a SE Xperia X10. Oh well.

kevin1911

My htc android has a few probs with the forums – mainly the buttons like “Send Post” not working, or working intermittently. I mainly use Dolphin HD

cranberry
    Free Member

No problems with my Desire Z running Android 2.2.1.

J0N
    Free Member

Same here on an HTC Hero. Several pages in and freezes and force close. seems worse with picture heavy pages. Only happen since this morning so My guess is a add on or script or advert.
    Or the hero not supporting something new on t’internet.
    Chrome seems fine on my computer.

Del

what quality level do you have pictures at? just wondering if you’re pulling in a lot of unnecessary data?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oddly my handset is an X10i also. Does it make any difference if you’re using 3G or WiFi?
    Are you running the latest firmware etc?

verses

No probs on my HTC Desire running Dolphin HD Browser.

TheFlyingOx

bigyinn, I’m running a custom Android 2.2.1 rom, but it’s done it ever since the official SE/O2 2.1 update.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oooh 2.2! Might have a bash at putting 2.3 on mine once its out of warranty.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Browsing the forum on Android kills my phone’ is closed to new replies.