Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Browser choice
  • white101

I keep getting this pop up on my desktop regarding my options for my browser. I use IE at present what are the pro's and con's off Firefox mozilla etc??

cullen-bay
    Free Member

chrome is faster nd easier to use, but firefox has more plug-ins. i use chrome, and i like it a lot.

molgrips
    Free Member

Chrome is faster and more lightweight so it uses less CPU power which, if you use a laptop, will make the battery last longer.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

But if you are happy using IE then choose it from the menu and continue to use it. You don't have to change browser if you don't want to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chrome here to miles ahead on ease of use etc, Firefox is probably in 2nd and as for IE everybody else is probably reading your mail and looking into your bank account by now

white101

so is chrome google thing?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

grumm
    Free Member

google also provide a search engine as well – apparently all the kids are using it these days 😉

bassspine
    Free Member

chrome is like a stripped down high speed firefox. Both are good.

IE is like a bloated american lard transporter which hasn't quite got the idea of using the same laws as everyone else on the road.

ratherbeintobago

Chrome also sends usage data to Google. SRWare Iron is similar but has the usage tracking features removed.

I like Opera, but find it that a number of websites don't render properly so use Firefox as my usual browser.

Andy

molgrips
    Free Member

Chrome also sends usage data to Google

Only if you tell it to when you install it, and it's also anonymous.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago – Member
    Chrome also sends usage data to Google

It asks you if it can, you can say no and you can turn it of in the preferences afterwards as well.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Too slow, again, might go to bed…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Firefox for me. I would love to like Opera but don't.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Browser choice’ is closed to new replies.