Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brownbacks Racing
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Big respect to the guys at Brownbacks Racing for putting on a great series at Lee Quarry this summer. A different course and loads of prizes at every round, plus a great laid back atmosphere despite being well orgainsed.

If you’ve not done one of these, check it out next year.

(that said, it was like the event of doom for me, with 3 flats and a snapped chain in 5 races)

cp

here here. Didn’t race yesterday as was working, but have really enjoyed all the ones I’ve done that they’ve put on. They certainly know how to do it.

Looking forward to 2011 (and a 2010 winter series??!)

ben1979
    Free Member

They mentioned there would be 4 rounds next year, and “something else”

project
    Free Member

I already praised them last night. 🙂

Here are some pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/BIKEYPAUL/20100926BROWNBACKSSEPTEMBER262010#

and the original thread.

Brownbacks Race, Bacup 26 September 2010, some pictures

oblique
    Free Member

Your pictures are really good project but you have none of me.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we have to say thanks to all those who help out, the registration/ timing team with probably the most stressful jobs on the day. The marshals for getting cold on the hill, the coursemarkers for getting up really early and the riders for making it fun to do.

The sponsors have been great and dig really deep to give out some of the best prizes around. If you liked what we did let them know. http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk/race_series/3/sponsors.html

The highlights?

Big Bear Bikes going for the trade trophy with real conviction, around 10 riders competing (including the shop owner) and clearly loving it

The “have-a-go heroines” for giving it a go on bikes that would surprise you (check the bike out for rider 307 this time) smiling all the way around and keeping going until the end with a determination to ride everything

the riders who keep going with broken chains etc

Team Cheese, ambushed in the car park, had a go, loved it even sitting in the laughing group

The way that after falling and getting battered by the quarry everyone springs back to life and gets back on the bike rather than have first aid from the MRT

the downs
    not enough women and kids. We tried really hard to build on last year but numbers have not been good

breaking the heart of the Lad who missed out on the series prize

it’s 4 XC races next year and there will be “something else” options vary from an attempt at a properish DH race to a mtb centred “adventure race/ trail quest” but there should be something

let us know what you would like to see info@brownbacksracing.co.uk 😀

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we have to say thanks to all those who help out, the registration/ timing team with probably the most stressful jobs on the day. The marshals for getting cold on the hill, the coursemarkers for getting up really early and the riders for making it fun to do.

The sponsors have been great and dig really deep to give out some of the best prizes around. If you liked what we did let them know. http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk/race_series/3/sponsors.html

The highlights?

Big Bear Bikes going for the trade trophy with real conviction, around 10 riders competing (including the shop owner) and clearly loving it

The “have-a-go heroines” for giving it a go on bikes that would surprise you (check the bike out for rider 307 this time) smiling all the way around and keeping going until the end with a determination to ride everything

the riders who keep going with broken chains etc

Team Cheese, ambushed in the car park, had a go, loved it even sitting in the laughing group

The way that after falling and getting battered by the quarry everyone springs back to life and gets back on the bike rather than have first aid from the MRT

the downs
    not enough women and kids. We tried really hard to build on last year but numbers have not been good

breaking the heart of the Lad who missed out on the series prize

it’s 4 XC races next year and there will be “something else” options vary from an attempt at a properish DH race to a mtb centred “adventure race/ trail quest” but there should be something

let us know what you would like to see info@brownbacksracing.co.uk 😀

project
    Free Member

oblique – Member
    Your pictures are really good project but you have none of me.

Posted 38 minutes ago #

What number where you, some pictures due to poorer quality i didnt post up.

philfive
    Free Member

i did 2 this year but couldn’t do the final 2 due to an injury, i loved every minute and they really appeal to beginners.

roll on 2011

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brownbacks Racing’ is closed to new replies.