Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • brownbacks lee quarry xc race tomorrow…..!
  • neil853
    Free Member

who’s doing it? new course to to try out!

does anybody fancy helping to marshal?

squiff
    Free Member

Evening Neil

Are we riding somewhere next weekend?

JxL
    Free Member

would love to marshal or take photographs but I have overtime tomorrow so wount make it 🙁

Good luck!

neil853
    Free Member

evening si, yeah we can do, either day i’m not bothered, where you thinking? we were thinking a dales ride?

squiff
    Free Member

OK, I’ve got plenty of routes so I will think of something, I will text you later in the week 😀

MrSparkle

I am ‘racing’ tomorrow. Kinda looking forward to it…

trio25
    Free Member

I am about to get ready to ride ober, trying not to look at the rain, I’m sure it will be sunny in Bacup. I am very scared!

wildrnes
    Free Member

setting off myself once I finish this cuppa

MrSparkle

Yes, glorious wall to wall sunshine in Bacup. Not.
    Well, it went ok despite everything. Next time I will be handed my ass on a plate by Trio, apparently…

JxL
    Free Member

Haha, i bet it was quite wet!

trio25
    Free Member

As I said you have been tapering for this race!

I was the one who got to keep the prize, you just got your picture taken 🙄 I was only just behind you surely!

Great race though, never done a xc race before and enjoyed it!

MrSparkle

JxL no, wasn’t too bad. It didn’t really rain during the race and the course is pretty much ‘all weather’. Twas a bit cowd and blowy though!

trio25
    Free Member

No the only rain I had was riding there and back. I was freezing at the start but once I was racing I was fine. They had their own weather bubble.

Did anyone else find that the wind was always a headwind on the climbs?

wildrnes
    Free Member

yes it was evil horrible wind….

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i was marshalling and i had the windiest spot on the entire course for the first hour of racing… i’m still cold now, sat at home!

tombell1989
    Free Member

Don’t suppose any of the marshals found a carbon bottle cage and Torq bottle on route did they? Lost it on about lap 3 🙁 Thanks for a good race. I’m now choosing what to spend my £75 Leisure Lakes vouchers on… 🙂 🙂

Jough
    Free Member

its wasnt that windy, and it did dry up towards the end.

Its was like old school racing.

but dont understand why the “Weekend Warrior” winner has a bottle of rego in his back pocket.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Tombell1989

good news we have your bottle and cage, bad news you are disqualified for littering..

😉

the racer category was a war of attrition for the places, one seems to be able to touch the winner Niall Frost

Brownbacks
    Free Member

xherbivorex , thanks for turning out, get yourself a well deserved single malt

xherbivorex
    Free Member

there’s the irony though; i also won a bottle of wine in the draw at the end, but i don’t drink alcohol!
    regardless of the cold/wind though, it was a great day and i was pleased/relieved that nobody crashed big time on my watch…

BadlyWiredDog

That was ace, what a cracking event and a good course. Really enjoyed it. Can’t believe anyone’s complaining about the weather – the forecast was for a freakin’ deluge, in the event it was just a bit of drizzle and a stiff breeze. Tsssk… and it was a Bank Holiday weekend too, you should be grateful for what you got 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i only felt the effects of the cold because i was stood in the same spot for an hour; if i’d have been riding then it would have been a different matter… but yeah, overall a great event again.

BadlyWiredDog

Wasn’t having a go 🙂 Thought the marshals did a fantastic job, unfailingly cheerful and encouraging despite the coldish wind.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

xherbivorex, Thanks for marshalling as I think I know where you stood, you where right on the ridge with a nice breeze!! Brownbacks, good event and well organised but would have liked to been off at ten as stated as my nads were dropping off at the start 😉

Makes a change from road racing, not done a mtb race for donkeys, must get a MTB this side of 1980 and have another bash.

Cheers to all the marshalls and organisers. Jason.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you where right on the ridge with a nice breeze!!

yup, that was me!
    on the plus side, nobody came off at that point so my job was nice and easy…

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Tombell1989 – i think you lost your bottle where i was posted, on that bermed downhill hbit – where you then had a choice to go down the singletrack, or down the shorter drop off route – as a black and red (i think) bottle was found when me and the missus were rotated to new positions mid race.

wildrnes
    Free Member

big thank you to all the marshals, you had me laughing like a fool all the way round, you all did a cracking job

‘keep it up’

xherbivorex
    Free Member

haha, was that you? one of the female marshals was recounting the tale of “keep it up”… “that’s what my wife says” to us all afterwards!

tombell1989
    Free Member

Brownbacks

Awesome! I tried to look for it on the next lap, but it had gone 🙁 Would it be easiest to pick it up from one of your guys at the next event or can it be mailed to me for a small charge??

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Anyone got a result list for the top 10/20 for the racer catagory?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘brownbacks lee quarry xc race tomorrow…..!’ is closed to new replies.