Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brownbacks at Lee Quarry
  • edst
    Free Member

Anybody know when the first Brownbacks race series at Lee Quarry will be in 2010? The website promises "dates will be out in early 2010" but nothing yet.

I'm keen to get involved having had a couple of rides up there. Need to know when I need to be fit for!

Cheers

xherbivorex
    Free Member

dates are hopefully going to be announced in the next week or so mate.

TonyL
    Free Member

They have just confirmed the dates with me (I look after the quarry)so I would have thought they will be up on their web site pretty soon. First one is likley to be May.

Lots of new lines will be available in the quarry by then so there should be some good variations on last years routes.

If you are in the quarry over the next few weeks please keep off the new sections they are not ready to ride yet. Yes that means all of you! Seriusly it means loads more work if people ride them before they are finished properly. If you do see any one on them please tell them to get the f*$k off! Pump track has already started to take a hammering and its still got snow on it.

edst
    Free Member

Cheers guys

TonyL – will there be are any opportunities to get involved as a volunteer trail-builder at the quarry?

TonyL
    Free Member

edst
    Yes there will be trying to get a date sorted out for a training day etc some time in April/May. Hopefully an opportunity to ride through all the new stuff with Rowan and Ed etc and learn a bit about what has been built and why it is as it is and the best way of looking after it! This will include the new trails up in cragg as well. I'm hoping to link up with Healey Nab and Gisburn trail builders and Singletraction then we will be a force to be reckoned with!

I shall post some info on here closer to the time its also worth keeping an eye on Ed's blog or on his great rock web site.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Tony…. is 'cragg quarry' fairly close to 'Lee quarry' then ? i dont know where cragg quarry is? will this be signposted to the quarry ? whats the distance in the two quarrys… sorry if im being docile but i never heard of that cragg quarry ? lol and when is cragg quarry going to be 'up and running' ? will it be this year ? cheers for info…

stumpyjon

Cragg quarry is approx two miles west of Lee Quarry on the same ridge. The Mary Townley loop passes through Cragg Quarry. From what Tony has posted before the works in Cragg Quarry will start once the new stuff in Lee Quarry has been completed. Once Cragg Quarry has been done a bridleway link will be built between them. The link was left to last due to having to get landowners permissions etc which I believe have now been received. I'm sure Tony can correct the bits I've got wrong. Cragg Quarry is shown on the OS maps (1:25k at least).

Tony, just something to think about when organising the inaugural dig day, Singletraction have regular digs on the 1st Sunday in the month and Gisburn has them on the 2nd Sunday. If you could maybe look at having dig days towards the end of the month that'll hopefully avoid dividing up the pool of diggers.

elaineanne
    Free Member

thankyou stumpyjon..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brownbacks at Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.