Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brown pressure after Blears quits
  • JulianA
    Free Member

I so keep reading this as ‘Brown quits after Blears pressure’!

Wishful thinking I guess…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Brown pressure”

One in the departure lounge? Turtle head?

JulianA
    Free Member

Possibly, CFH – should be worse for him Friday / Monday?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Touching cloth by then, I’d say.

JulianA
    Free Member

Following through, I should think! Any chance of a General Election come next Wednesday after the debate?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

signonnow@hotmail.co.uk

From the PA;
    MPs’ email calls on Brown to resign
    1 hour ago

Labour MPs are reportedly circulating a draft email urging Gordon Brown to stand down.

Amid an apparently swelling mutiny against the Prime Minister, there were reports that up to 100 MPs could be prepared to put their names to it.

The email is said to be addressed to Mr Brown, who is already reeling from the announcements of four departures from his Government in the past two days.

The email states: “We are writing now because we believe that in the current political circumstances you can best serve the interests of the Labour Party by stepping down as Prime Minister.”

No-one has so far broken cover to claim ownership of, or support for, the email.

One MP suggested there could be an impromptu vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister when the Parliamentary Labour Party meets on Monday.

And senior backbencher Barry Sheerman warned Mr Brown was “in trouble” if he did not react swiftly to widespread disillusionment in the PLP.

Northwind

Ed Balls for PM. Not because I think he’d be great, just because he’s got a funny name.

Smee
    Free Member

Now there’s a headline and a half. Incoming Balls pushes out Brown. 😀

alwyn
    Free Member

He’d be a balls up.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Hope just because these MPs are quitting that it doesn’t stop them getting further investigated over their dodgy expenses and tax scams…particular want to make sure Blears pays back any stamp duty owed 😡

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brown pressure after Blears quits’ is closed to new replies.