Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brooks B17 Narrow Steel Saddle
  • SkillWill
    Free Member

Hi,

Struggling to decide whether to get one of these:

To go on my new cyclocross/commuter bike which I got at the weekend. (Genesis Croix de fer). The seat on that is tremendously uncomfortable and I've heard good things about the B17s.

I read that the narrow is a little stiffer and less comfortable for general use, i.e. it's fine for road bikes down in the drops etc. Anyone using one and recommend them? I've only ever used MTB saddles before so a little nervous about getting a B17 narrow and finding it harsh. I don't care about the extra weight particularly, just wondered what people's experiences of the narrow over the standard are? Half the reason of getting the narrow is just because it comes in a great colour (dark brown rather than honey which is the colour of the standard).

Otherwise was wondering about a WTB saddle as that's what I've always used in the past, probably a WTB Pure V Team 2010

Thanks.

RustySpanner

Always used B17 narrows on road bikes when I was a kid and found them very comfy. Now using one on a newly aquired road bike and still fine.

Tried using it on the MTB and found it caused too much pressure on the perineum – not nice at all.

Now looking for a discounted B17 standard for use on a flat barred tourer.

Can you try and borrow one for a bit? It's a lot of cash if you get it wrong.

trail_rat
    Free Member

can you not get standards in the brown no more ? when i got my honey b17 standard you could get honey , brown or black … ive got a black and a honey now !

comfiest thing in the world – my other saddles are flites and slr135s … so basically planks of wood in comparison !

tommid
    Free Member

I'd get a team pro if you don't need the bag loops. Slightly narrower and longer. Or better still a swift. I have one on my CX/tourer/utility bike and it rocks. Only about 300 miles of use and its already shaping up to be one of the most comfortable saddles I have ever ridden.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brooks B17 Narrow Steel Saddle’ is closed to new replies.