Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bronson's – How often to grease the pivot ?
  • lowey

As above really. cant seem to find any guidance on the SC site.

Cheers all.

iolo
    Free Member

Whenever you want. Don’t put too much in.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On my LTc it’s weather dependant, more when it’s crap, less when it’s dry. It was mentioned that it’s a seasonal maintenance thing.

bravesirrobin

Well I clearly left it too long :-/ …lower bearings shot after 4/5 months winter riding. It would seem sensible to grease them every few rides, perhaps even more frequently after particularly wet rides. I found the supplied grease gun to be pretty hopeless so have bought a replacement.

dashed
    Free Member

How do you put too much in? Is the idea not that excess grease pushes out any crap? That’s how nomad ones work.

GolfChick
    Free Member

i keep pumping it in until clean grease comes out. Once a month-ish I do it, give or take with 3 regular rides a week.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

You can’t over grease. It’s designed so that you pump grease in and force out the old along with any contamination.

julzm
    Free Member

Agree with golfchick, my LBS said once per month based on 2-3 rides per week. Just done mine for first time yesterday (had bike since end February). ‘Twas a doddle so will do more regularly now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bronson's – How often to grease the pivot ?’ is closed to new replies.