Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bronson cc or yt capra pro rce
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

scuff321 – Member
    Ha Dave none of the bikes I’ve sit in the van for long I generally work nights and got some good hiding place so still get out for 3 or 4 good rides a week, Orange alpine is a bullet proof bike but to heavy for bike hike up a mountain, I’ll have a look at the transition patrol, also evil do a couple of good looking bikes

They’re as heavy as you make em. How often are you gonna look after it i.e. clean it and do the fork lowers etc. etc.

Sounds like you’re gonna be riding alot. What do guides in the Alps use? I know there’s some on here…..

toronte
    Free Member

I have the 2016 Bronson (M, 5’8″) and can only recommend it. At first it doesn’t do anything extraordinary what you would expect from a bike this expensive. But the more time I spend on it, the more I realize how well rounded it is. It is my partner on local trails and enduro events as well and never feels like too much of a bike or underbiked. Few bikes merge 2 categories so well. And it is true;the harder I push it, the more I can rely on it. There are no awkward situations the bike can’t handle, it’s all up to me. The maintenance is however higher than I am used to on FSR bikes. Lower bushing wear, bearings wear faster than normal, pivots sensitive to setup (clean, grease and proper torque). From what I read it’s like this for most multi-pivot bikes (VPP,DW, etc.)
    My next bike however might be a Canyon Spectral. Kinda the same category, not as pin point precise as the Bronson, but like the easy going nature of the bike. Suspension is more active than the Bronson’s, very lively.
    Would love to try a Scout too.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Having owned mk1 bronsons and really enjoyed them I went for mk2, very noticeable changes more room a sat in it feeling, popped 160mm 36s in it & it’s mega.
    I rode a mates Capra CF a good bike it was until it got stolen, a lot of issues with the suspension, a Huge amount of pedal strikes, residual values plummet should you come to sell it.

The MK2 Bronson is a superb bike does pretty much everything well including Antur Stiniog DH with old bloke on it.
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Hightower in April, if your considering a 29er I can’t the HT enough, the bike is superb, stable very quick yet still agile though you have to push it a bit more in the corners to get the best out of it, overall a very capable bike that puts a massive grin on my face every time I ride it.

gkeeffe

I have a Bronson mk2 cc had a Bronson mk1 previously. I think the mk2 is a step change. I love the extra reach, it climbs and descends beautifully and it’s really light. I can’t fault it. Better still the warranty is excellent: on my mk1 I had some lacquer coat bubbling aliter 3.5 years and SC gave me a brand new mk2 frame foc without any hassle at all, mainly thanks to work by BIKETREKS in supporting me. Buy from a shop, give them your custom, talk to someone face to face – it will be worth it in the long run: I’m sure there’s not much in the performance between the two, but service counts.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bronson cc or yt capra pro rce’ is closed to new replies.