Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Broken Trance 29er frame :( but LBS comes good!
  • smartmonkey
    Free Member

Oops!
    I managed to break my Trance 29er frame.
    A crack on the top tube about 20mm in front of where it meets the seat tube, and a bulge about 100mm above the top mounting point for the suspension rockers on the seat tube!
    But the local bike shop came good!
    This bike at the beginning of December had had a crash which managed to bend the fork stanchions and the steerer at the same time. Which the shop knows about, they sent the forks to Mojo on their account for £50 less than Mojo wanted direct.
    Then the Frame broke, dropped off Tuesday evening, rung Monday morning saying the frame had been replaced under warranty and would I like to pick the bike up 🙂
    So thank you to my LBS! Is it permitted to name them on here?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yes.

Sounds like a heavy crash. You in one piece ?

smartmonkey
    Free Member

First crash was nasty, grade 3 sublax of the shoulder, not well for 6 weeks or so.
    When I cracked the frame, didn’t even come off the bike, it threw the chain on a rough and fast bit of trail,feet came off the pedals and I sat down hard on the seat (I’m 20 stone)and bottomed out the heavily loaded suspension, loud cracking noise, but bike still rode with no creaking noises or visible movement of crack so it got me home.
    LBS is AW cycles in Caversham/Reading.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Broken Trance 29er frame :( but LBS comes good!’ is closed to new replies.