Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Broken Garmin quarter-turn fitment
  • munkster
    Free Member

Thought my Garmin was wobbling a bit and that it was just my eyesight but no, there’s a bit missing off the mount…

…anyone had this? Is there a fix? I have started a support ticket with Garmin anyone been that route? Cheers.

MSP

What mount are you using?

There seem to be a fair bit of bad feedback for metal mounts damaging the garmin units.

munkster
    Free Member

SRAM mount mostly, Garmin one to begin with, thinking about it. All on road, if you can call the carpet-smooth lanes of Derbyshire “roads” anyway 😉

gwaelod
    Free Member

Seen this mentioned as a fix somewhere. No idea if it works well.

http://www.dogearsgps.com/

Its merkin though so postage etc….

Superficial
    Free Member

Mine broke (I kneed it) and got a crash replacement thing from garmin. £62 for a brand new 510 boxed. Am expensive mistake but at least I got a shiny new replacement.

If I’d seen the dog ear thing I would probably have tried that.

titusrider
    Free Member

Garmin will warranty if it’s in the warranty period. I had no luck at all contacting directly, just got my original retailer to send it back. ( ps Hang on to your accessories, send the unit back. Should get a box with all new unit and accessories back)

andyl
    Free Member

Is that part moulded into the back or separate? Seems silly to not make a mounting part that is going to wear and get damaged easily replaceable.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Racewaredirect do a replacement mount you can superglue over the broken old one.

munkster
    Free Member

Seen this mentioned as a fix somewhere. No idea if it works well.

http://www.dogearsgps.com/

Its merkin though so postage etc….

Ordered one of these. Figured unless if I got offered a free replacement (unlikely) a metal mounting tab would be a safer (and significantly cheaper!) option. Appears to be well made but we shall see.

KidCragg
    Free Member

I got a dogsearGPS one as mentioned above for my edge 500 and it arrive quickly and works great!

No issues since and I’m always dropping my garmin!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Broken Garmin quarter-turn fitment’ is closed to new replies.