Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Broadband & router help please.
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Evening all, last week I changed my rather old netgear wireless router to a new fangled Azurewave version. The guy in the shop told me it was much better than the netgear as it had the newer technology.
    My main computer which is hard wired is fine, no difference, the wifes laptop (running vista) is also fine, my problem is with the kids computers which are PC’s running ‘dongles’. Since I changed things have slowed up considerably, but sometimes it seems fine & bashes through web pages, sometimes it’s useless & takes 20 minutes or more for a simple flash update, it’s currently installing updates at a speed of 3.9kb/sec & taking a lifetime.
    I’ve tried several configurations of the router to no avail, and the kids computer thinks things are fine, it shows a connection speed of 150mbps.

So any ideas what’s gone wrong?
    Many thanks in advance.

druidh
    Free Member

If there are external aerials on the router, try altering the angle.

Are the dongles and the router configured to run at the same speed? I’m always wary about those devices which are built to some draft spec. It might be worth trying them set at 54mbps (G spec).

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cheers, but signal showing max, I’ll give the G spec a go, if I can find the flipping option, it can’t hurt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Broadband & router help please.’ is closed to new replies.