Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • B@rney`s gazumping shocker
  • pitduck
    Free Member

beware tosser`s gazumping,deal done and then sold to somebody else cheers 👿

leggyblonde
    Free Member

for the summer season?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Err, looking at that didnt you gazump the 1st guy who offered for it. Sorry if i am mistaken

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well it appears that someone else put in an offer, then Pitduck came in with a better offer. I don't know if an agreement had been reached with the first person, or the extent of the 'done deal' between B@rney and Pitduck, but unless money had changed hands, then I can see that Pitduck would be annoyed, but that's business. If I was sellling, I'd hold out for the best deal. When the money's mine, then the deal is done.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

but surely pitduck is the gazumping tosser.

firestarter
    Free Member

first person to offer full asking price should get it imo

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

FAIL

woody2000

firestarter
    Free Member

i dont think pitduck did gazump the first responder as the first guy offered 20 quid less than asking price and he offered full asking price right away . should have been his i think

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yeah but we don't know all the details of the 'done deal'.

I was working in a shop once, when a bloke came up to the counter with some item, the last in stock. He was standing around faffing about, then another bloke came up to the counter, asked me 'is this sold?' to which I responded 'not yet, but I think this gentleman was planning to buy it'. The second bloke pulls out the money, sticks it in my hand and sticks the item in his bag. I gave him his receipt. First bloke was understandably pissed off and started having a go at me, but the second bloke simply said 'you hadn't paid for it yet, so it wasn't yours, and now it's mine. Goodbye'.

T'was quite amusing…

cyclistm
    Free Member

Talkemada – did the first guy ever come back to your shop?

Sui
    Free Member

it's not guzumping until seller says deal done!! end of really!

Sui
    Free Member

talkemada – that's (c)untish of the highest order – at least give the bloke the option to say yes or no now..

Talkemada
    Free Member

cyclistm: He did actually. I ordered in another one for him. I fully understood his annoyance, but under sales laws, it wasn't his, he hadn't actually closed the deal, so didn't really have a leg to stand on. It was on the counter, not in his hand. I think the same sort of thing applies with supermarkets etc; if you leave a trolley or basket unattended, and someone else nabs something out of it, it's tough shit. I dunno.

Bad manners at worst, really. But the second bloke was the first to actually hand over money, so legally I think he had formed the 'contract' with the shop. He came back as well, and we had a laugh about it. First bloke was a bit of a ditherer anyway, so maybe he learned something.

I had someone try to have it away with a pair of trainers I was about to buy in Selfridges sale once. I told them not to be silly…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Talkemada did you ever win 'shop assistant of the year'? No, thought not.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Sui; I agree it seems out of order, but I was proper busy, rushed off my feet and had no time for silly twits dithering over stuff when I've got other customers to serve.

Quick and the Dead…

Gary M; do you think I was bothered, on minimum wage? Seriously? My boss thought it was hilarious actually. I never lost sleep over it! 😀

cyclistm
    Free Member

Good, I am a sucker for a happy ending

B@rney
    Free Member

Err – don't think so pitduck. "Someone else" being the person who posted their message first and therefore got dibs on the frame. Your "I'll give you full asking simply forced his hand" Many thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

Well that seems to be resolved satisfactorily.

…well apart from Pitduck coming off a bit churlish.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ooh, I think someone owes someone an apology…

wwaswas

You fiend B@rney. 😉

Can't see much wrong here – B@rney was already negotiating with the first poster.

Albanach
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

id be pd off too if i was op

pitduck
    Free Member

tosser 👿

nickegg
    Free Member

Havn't sold much on here but IME it's usual first dibs to whoever posted first……

Well done Pitduck…you've just gone from churlish to something far worse.

Talkemada
    Free Member

That's not very nice, is it Pitduck? 🙁

pitduck
    Free Member

"I can post tomorrow – paypal gift please –

do we have a deal?

Jon""hi jon we do indeed have a deal, i`ll sort it friday pm will email u with address and payment thanks martin. 👿

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that the sound of a plot thickening?

Talkemada
    Free Member

I've got a pot of stew on…

pitduck
    Free Member

it is indeed, please beware of tossers on classifieds. 😥

scaredypants

much lollage*

Dibs is a kack concept, best left in (public) school IMO. I don't see why seller should continue to negotiate with someone who offers less now that somebody has offered full whack. I'd have sold it to grumpychops pitduck

Then again you can, I believe, sell to whoever you bleeding well want to

*no, not really but I don't know know the OMG111!!!-speak for raised a bit of a smile

iDave
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

@iDave:

This is no time for knocking one out. This is serious bizznizz.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, I think that in the shop case that was very bad form. I don't think the law's an issue here, because you can refuse to make any transaction you like. It's a question of morals. You'd already started your transaction with the original customer.. AND the second guy jumped the queue too, which is bang out of order. Him sticking the money on the counter is not the same as you accepting it, so him putting the item in his bag was shoplifting.

Imagine if you were in the supermarket and there was one thing left on the shelf. You put it in your trolley and then as you get to the checkout someone grabs it out of your trolley and barges infront of you to get to the checkout first. You'd be pretty angry, would you not?

Absolute c*ntery of the highest order from the usurper, and spinelessness from you not stopping him. I'd have expected better from you to be honest TM.

B@rney
    Free Member

pitducy – just for the record if you were that keen on the frame why did you wait 4 hours before contact after your "i'll take it post"? Thought I'd better put that bit in. In Englais "Do we have a deal" tends to mean no deal until your reply issued? People can say one thing and do another and as a seller in this case is'nt that what anyone would have done….No need be so aggressive

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I was working in a shop once, when a bloke came up to the counter with some item, the last in stock. He was standing around faffing about, then another bloke came up to the counter, asked me 'is this sold?' to which I responded 'not yet, but I think this gentleman was planning to buy it'. The second bloke pulls out the money, sticks it in my hand and sticks the item in his bag. I gave him his receipt. First bloke was understandably pissed off and started having a go at me, but the second bloke simply said 'you hadn't paid for it yet, so it wasn't yours, and now it's mine. Goodbye'.

T'was quite amusing…

Surely McDonald's never run out of Happy Meals?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have stated on my ads recently, no dibs, first payment gets the item. Obviously its not a case of just paypalling randomly, but you get the idea. Do we have a deal works for me!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm not really feeling this one.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I can agree with the no dibs thing, but where do you draw the line if someone is a serious buyer they may have a question or two.

An example;

I responded to an advert within a minute of it being posted recently- asked via email for a photo and wether the receipt was included.

No reply for five hours- which I picked up early in the morning.

Replied saying I'd have the item, only to have a quick reply saying sold..

I can understand people asking for dibs then dissapearing/stalling etc but if the adverts not got all the details a bit of manners would be nice!

pitduck
    Free Member

(at blarny) just excuses, you kind sir are a greedy impatient tosser 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘B@rney`s gazumping shocker’ is closed to new replies.