• This topic has 44 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by paton.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • British/European Road Bike Brands for A Yank Snob
  • jonnyboi

Do forme bikes still have a big ‘designed in britain’ logo On them?

bob_summers

For a steel bike’ it has to be Etap with no cable bosses whatsover.

I’m not fussed about Shimano vs Campag (had a Colnago in the 90s with Shimano) but battery boxes on the mechs look awful on a trad frame. Would work on a Super Accaciao, not on a Pego.

For something out of left field, try Haimar at Amaro in Bilbao, I’ve got some of his handwork and it’s lovely.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/amarobikes/albums/72157629307685858

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Classic brand off the peg, and excellence in made to measure are two rather different questions I think.

The first (as suggested by current bianchi campag combo) is rather easier to answer – lots of options above.

For something particular to take home and show off, then you are into the likes of Feather, Bob Jackson (who made some of the curly hetchins back in’t day) – check out the vulcan?, mercian etc.

Of course, the question might be whether its a bike for racing, or a bike for riding (and looking at).

Should we merge this with the religion thread?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Amaro in Bilbao

Not seen those, nice. That Donhou is lovely too.

Of course, the question might be whether its a bike for racing, or a bike for riding (and looking at)

I’d not spend big money on a bike for racing! Build up a Bowman Palace frameset and keep the rest of the cash for a “looking at” bike 🙂

paton
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘British/European Road Bike Brands for A Yank Snob’ is closed to new replies.