Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • British World Champion
  • aracer
    Free Member
    MTB-Rob
    Free Member

yes great Ride, I am sure your other local rider Tracy Moseley is v proud of her team rider 😉 T-Mo

Speeder

I’m not surprised, she’s on a mountain bike. Correct tool and all that. 😀

Seriously though congratulations. It’s a huge accomplishment to become World Champion at anything anytime and that’s one tough sport.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Great result, though bit of a spoiler thread title 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Apologies for the spoiler if it really is that – but were you actually planning on watching the highlights of the U23 women’s race later?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bit sad possibly but that was my evening plan!

scotroutes

What other cycling world championships are currently under way? I guess this is the only one we had a chance of winning?

benji
    Free Member

We had a good chance in all three races today, a great win by Evie, loved her interview, not a clue she was leading at first, brilliant.

aracer
    Free Member

😳 – genuinely sorry then, I understand how irritating spoilers are, I just thought anybody interested in that race would be watching it live, and excited that somebody I kind of know doing so well (well I’ve ridden with her and remember it being hard work sitting on her wheel a couple of years ago).

As benji writes, I didn’t actually say who was world champion in the title and it could have been one of several.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No problem. Would have been nice to be watching live, busy with kids though. Bedtime complete now so off to my turbo cave and on with the CX 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I reckon it’s well worth watching even knowing the result – really good coverage and an interesting course (I hope that’s not a spoiler 😉 )

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ah why do people keep saying “would you really watch the U23 hightlights?!” erm yes as it was billed as going to be THE most exciting race of any category, turns out not to be true but before the races kicked off people would have said to! Yeah but it encourages you to open thread and then it gets spoilt!

I planned my day of riding around getting home to watch that and the Elite women live due to spoilers. Cracking racing! And don’t forget there were 4 GB Women in the top 15 phenomenally strong women’s team especially as so many of them are young in the U23… ie 18 years old!
    Although Thalita de Jong could have raced the U23 category!!

It’s her first international CX even too WOW!

mrblobby
    Free Member

WFT?! “Video not available in your country” according to youtube. What’s going on? 👿

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah they don’t allow it. Highlights on at 2030 hours. Alternatively try this

Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-for-chrome then set to russian or dutch and all of the full race replays and highlights on the UCI youtube channel work fine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Edit… hurrah! It works! Thanks Munqe-chick. My evening saved 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Annoy!! Tricks it into thinking you’re watching from somewhere else 🙂

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Disappointed with BBC! Under their cycling page,
    they lead with
    ‘Motorised bike’ confiscated at Cyclo-cross World Championships”
    and barely 2 lines of Evie wining the race.

They even have the heading “Peter Kennaugh wins Great Ocean Road Race in Australia”
    well done Peter but Evie just WON A GOLD AT THE WORLD CHAMPS ffs!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘British World Champion’ is closed to new replies.