Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • British Summer Weather MTB shorts recommendations
  • napster88
    Free Member

Hey guys.

Got my new bike and now looking to buy some decent clothes to ride.
    I am looking for some MTB shorts that would be suitable for British summer weather temperature wise.
    I have found thees Endura Humvee that a lot of people area really happy with them, but not too sure if they will feel hot in the sunny days or cold when the sun goes away.
    Any one tried them, or tried some other shorts?
    Thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Same shorts as I wear all year round – Madison. Addicts, Zenith – They’re all good.

Ioneonic

The shorts in Aldi just now are excellent (£12) for the money. Just throw away the awful liner.

Harry_the_Spider

Humvees have zipped vents in them. I’ve never notice that they get too hot.

chakaping
    Free Member

Troy Lee Skyline

Or these if they have yr size…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/royal-turbulence-shorts-2015/rp-prod127321

Both nice and light, and a good shape.

VanHalen

Altura attacks. Itll piss it down again soon enough

rossburton
    Free Member

I have the 3/4 Humvee for actual summer and MT500 Spray for the rest of the year, and never find them too warm to justify getting a pair of normal shorts too thanks to the vents. My legs appreciate the extra protection from summer foliage trying to attack my legs!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

STW style recommend what you have- Fox Indicator are good. similar reasons as chakaping for me- light, stretchy, good cut and since we’re talking about british weather they’ll shrug off most summer rain showers too.

iainc

back to the OP – Humvees are good and get great reviews. If they fit you they should be ideal. Best go to a shop and try a few pairs, Endura sizing is specific to the style, so a medium Humvee may be different to a medium singletrack etc. Personally I have Singletracks and MTR’s and rate both.

fathomer

TLD Skylines are excellent, as are Madison Zenith.

Make sure you get the sizing right though, I’m an average sized 6′ man with a 32″ ish waist and my latest pair of 32″ Skylines are now massive (older ones still fit) and so are my medium Zeniths. Both will be getting sold and replaced with smaller sizes.

nickc

All you guys recommending Skylines are you looking at the new season ones..?

Tried some on the other day and they are comically huge. think “It Ain’t half hot, mum” and you’d not be far off. 😆

OP depends on your budget really. Trouble with lighter weight material that won’t make you boil tend to be less hard wearing.

julzm
    Free Member

Madison flux for the warm days.

Madison flows DWR for when it’s not so hot.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

The ones in my chest of draws, anything else is rubbish.

gordonb
    Free Member

Quick dry shorts, and some cheap waterproof trousers cut down to shorts when it’s really mucky does me fine

mattyfez

Cut off jeans, like extremely cut off, so people behind you can see your butt cheeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘British Summer Weather MTB shorts recommendations’ is closed to new replies.