Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • British Enduro Series 2016 – Dates announced!
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Certainly seems like the Tweed Valley is getting something of a rest next year, not in the (Marin) British Series nor SES. A little disappointed that Dunkeld is in the SES, assuming this means they won’t run the standalone event they have done for the last couple of years that I always thought was a great, chilled out local single day event on cracking trails. Not so much if it is now part of the series.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The 2016 SNAFU British Enduro Series’s…..both presented by Faulty Towers.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Didn’t do any of these last year – what was wrong with Glenlivet?

Nothing. It was a bit different so some people who think anything outside of the tweed valley* isn’t enduro got upset.

* I live nearby to tweed, ride it all the time and love it. Variety is key to these series in my opinion.

orena45

If Marin have pulled out, I’m not sure who that reflects worst on – MBES (& CBES) for not sorting their stuff out, or Marin themselves for jumping at the first sign of trouble. Either way, it just adds to the confusion/mess!

mactheknife

tenacious_doug – Member
    A little disappointed that Dunkeld is in the SES, assuming this means they won’t run the standalone event they have done for the last couple of years that I always thought was a great, chilled out local single day event on cracking trails. Not so much if it is now part of the series.

I am with you Doug on this point for now, i sent the guys a message on their FB page if they would still be running their own Enduro on the 1st weekend of May. Its been a firm favourite of mine since it started and knowing how much work has been put in previously i would like to support those guys again. Saying that though as the trails were build by locals mainly for the Progression Bikes Enduro does that mean there has to be discussion regarding trail usage by another race provider.

I am just being nosey by the way 🙂

Northwind

groundskeeperwilly – Member

Didn’t do any of these last year – what was wrong with Glenlivet?

Unsuitable venue basically, not everywhere can host a decent enduro- they gave it a shot but they don’t have anything like the trails for it so it ended up mostly on sheep track and crap trail centre. (and some very, very nice offpiste- just not enough). You could barely tell transition from stage.

And no, it’s not a tweed valley snobbery thing, the best SES rounds I’ve done were at Laggan and Ae! I’d be well up for giving the valley a miss if I thought it was going somewhere good instead.

scottfitz
    Free Member

they gave it a shot but they don’t have anything like the trails for it so it ended up mostly on sheep track and crap trail centre. (and some very, very nice offpiste- just not enough).

Northwind Sounds like a good base to improve on for year 2?

Dougal
    Free Member

Northwind Sounds like a good base to improve on for year 2?

This. Heard some stuff, it could be very awesome.

midwales
    Free Member

We are aware of the confusion that having two series called British Enduro Series has caused and have been keen to get this sorted for you. We have approached the organisers of the other BES series on a couple of occasions to try and seek a simple solution for you. However, this appeared to fall on deaf ears and so we have taken the decision to change the name of our series and put an end to the confusion. We WILL still be running all of the events at the venues shown on our website in 2016 and beyond. We WILL be giving you the chance to give us your ideas and feedback as the season approaches and develops and we WILL leave it to you the riders to decide which series you would like to race. We believe that our series will speak for itself in the quality and enjoyment of the brand new trails we will be creating for you in some of the best riding destinations across the country. So…what about the name? This is your series. What would you like to call it? UK Enduro Series perhaps? Something else? Let us know what you think and we’ll pick seven people at random who suggest sensible names and give those people a free entry to any single round for 2016 (7 entries to be shared by 7 people).

Get creative. This is your series so please give us your suggestions.

midwales
    Free Member

Replying to the post about Kirroughtree. The ‘wild’ trails are so good in Kirroughtree. Forget about anything you have heard in the past from other events. Kirrouightree as a riding destination is a must.

xiphon
    Free Member

However, this appeared to fall on deaf ears and so we have taken the decision to change the name of our series and put an end to the confusion

The first one who blinks in a staring contest looses…… looks like Si + co have won! To be fair, having the BDS to their name does go hand-in-hand with BES…

Northwind

Think I’ll have to head down to kirroughtree, I noticed on our last visit that there’s trails basically everywhere.

Make a stage McMoab, I dare ya

fr0sty125
    Free Member

This is all going a bit mental….

2 BES 1 is clearly trying to be super slick and professional the other is pretending to be your mate

SES + Tweedlove triple crown crankworks rip off

PMBA enduro + Mini Enduro + both Welsh Enduro series? + Southern enduro series + Enduro1?

Then a bunch of other one off races like Hard Rock…

orena45

This is all going a bit mental….

2 BES 1 is clearly trying to be super slick and professional the other is pretending to be your mate

SES + Tweedlove triple crown crankworks rip off

PMBA enduro + Mini Enduro + both Welsh Enduro series? + Southern enduro series + Enduro1?

Then a bunch of other one off races like Hard Rock…

All good in my book – plenty of choice across the country so you can race wherever you are and whatever level you are at. Choice and competition between organisers should be good for us as the consumer ultimately 🙂

Paul-B

Come back Steve Parr all is fogiven (not that I had any beef with how the UKGE was run)

orena45

The (Marin?) British Enduro Series is dead.

Long live the UK Enduro Series. ❗

orena45

Not sure if it’s just me who’s missed this but the rest of the BES venues are up on the site:

Rnd 1 – Ae Forest
    Rnd 2 – Afan
    Rnd 3 – Dyfi
    Rnd 4 – Eastridge
    Rnd 5 – Innerleithen

scottfitz
    Free Member

Afan and eastridge are on my list.

jamesg55
    Free Member

good spot. I’ll update my 2016 enduro spread sheet.

orena45

So the Rocky Mountain UK Enduro Series it is!

Would rather Pinnacle or Polygon have gotten on board – RMUKES doesn’t work as well as PUKES 😆
    Not a good advert for Marin IMHO though – pulling out during the confusion, but maybe there was more to it ❓

I’m definitely doing the Southwest Enduro Series and Ard Rock so the least conflicting series for me is RMUKES, reckon I could possibly do 4 or 5 rounds and maybe squeeze in the BES Dyfi round if I can as I love the venue!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not a good advert for Marin IMHO though

Agree

vxrob
    Free Member

planning to enter Triscombe as my first Enduro, WOW this thread is more difficult to understnad than actual politics 😯 😆 😆

kimbers

The Notorious ;-). Steve Parr is also putting on a special enduro weekender on on the 7th/8th May, the week after the Dyfi Enduro (that’s the other kind of enduro tho), although that clashes with BES at Afan on May 1st.

orena45

With Rnd 3 of BES also there in June, Dyfi is going be ‘enduroed’ out by summer!

The Afan round of BES is to be relocated, same date but some other mystical location TBC.

I’m signed up for Rnd 1 of the Welsh Gravity Enduro Series next month, can’t wait! The Southwest series has gone very quiet in recent months so not sure if that’s going to happen now, which would be a shame…but then I’ve heard rumours that the Enduro1 series is being renamed and will be running with some southwest rounds so that would soften the blow.

scottfitz
    Free Member

‘Special’ enduro, that’s a bit harsh Kimbers

scottfitz
    Free Member

I’m also signed up for the WGE at Afan should be good. Not been to afan since the 2014 UKGE there.

orena45

Banged in my entry in for UKES Rnd 1 last night. Only doing the 1 day/Sunday race due to family commitments. Looking forward to riding somewhere new, even if it is a bit of a splash and dash for me!

Anyone else doing Rnd 1?

orena45

So did anyone here race at the weekend?

I loved the stages and had a damn good time – my race report here

Hoping to make round 2 at Triscombe…hopefully the weather will stay dry for it!

chrispo
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend, amazing tracks, loved it

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Didn’t go, but have heard mixed reports from friends who did.

It’s also interesting that the 2 other regional races the same weekend were both considerably better subscribed than a ‘National’.

I guess we will see how the other national series goes this weekend.

Picked a good year not to bother with them & just do regionals 🙂

joefm

Was a great event and a nice place to go. Credit to them for making trails for races. The other welsh event is pretty much using trail centres and I think I’d rather put pins in my eyes. Not sure of the attraction other than it was close to the M4?

Stages had a lot of steep stuff and loam. Was lucky weather held out tbh. Maybe that put people off.

Was a weird experience not having transitions times and doing the stages in any order. Made it relaxed but kept the pressure off maybe.

But **** racing trail centres.

chrispo
    Free Member

For anyone wanting a totally biased but honest take on the first UK Enduro round, my race report is here.

Any questions about the format or stages, do fire away.

I couldn’t make the first British Enduro round in the end to draw a comparison, but I know which one had the better weather…

Next UKE round is Triscombe in Somerset on 23-24 April. Next BES round is in Dyfi Forest in Wales on 7-8 May. I hope to do both.

kimbers

Did anyone do both?

I hear of a few teething problems at both with timing and Ae had terrible weather

Numbers wise UKE win if you count both days, but BES really had more over the weekend. Both were way down on other races on the same dates PMBA, WGES (UKE) and Vallelujah (BES) – seems very foolish to clash dates with established popular races that are geographically very close.

Forthcoming babies mean I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do any races this year, tho at least entries shouldn’t still out, if like to do both, as well as Tweedlove international if the deities of childbirth pay nicely

Northwind

Nice report crispo, cheers!

TBH scheduling events is always going to be a bollocks, because people start planning ages in advance, getting permissions etc, by the time you’ve got a serious date to talk about you’re probably already fairly committed. But this last weekend did seem mad, BES and Tweedlove and an EWS to boot.

Just had a look at the BES results and their Middle Aged Weekend Warriors classes were gutted. But the field looks pretty strong other’n that. Probably not the turnout they wanted but being realistic tweedlove was always going to be a bigger draw for that demographic so hopefully it’s not a wider issue. Whereas Tweedlove’s top end was hit just as hard, but they’re probably not that bothered because it’s the elites that make headlines but the santa-cruzes-on-audis demographic that pay the bills.

(I think vallelujah considered itself to be targeting the casual racer rather than the top end but tbf it’s hard to tell. That’s the spirit of enduro- no earthly idea what sort of race you’ve entered til you’re either pedalling a blue route or falling off a cliff.)

Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘British Enduro Series 2016 – Dates announced!’ is closed to new replies.