Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • British Cycling / CTC / etc membership
  • fionap

Looking at signing up to BC or CTC (or something else?), basically for the legal advice and liability insurance. I would never have considered it before, but since moving to London (and my partner commuting every day by bike) it seems like it might be wise. Plus the discounts etc look handy. The bikes are covered by our contents insurance. No racing/competitions (at least not yet).

Is it worthwhile, and which organisation is best to sign up with? The prices look broadly similar.

benslow
    Free Member

I’ve been a member of CTC, LCC and BC.

All have similar and encompassing 3rd party insurance.

CTC – best mag which is quite good, good discounts throughout main London stores and on some organised rides.

BC – no mag, Halfords discount (via voucher download) but preferential application for BC events, esp track at the Olympic velodrome.

LCC – Mag which is 95% about cycling campaigns, etc … same discounts as CTC.

And you’re right to get insured riding in London IMO.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I believe triathlon England are currently trying to put together an impressive membership package. Might be worth a look.

StirlingCrispin

CTC or LCC.
    They are the organisations that campaign on behalf of cyclists.

I’m a CTC Right-to-Rep which means CTC HQ help and train me to pester the local council to ensure that road designs cater for cyclists – and now they often do. The LCC do a very similar job in London.

BC gives priority tickets to the velodrome.

crazy-legs

CTC or LCC.
    They are the organisations that campaign to make cycling safer and better.

They all do campaigning work:
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/campaigning

StirlingCrispin

The difference is that CTC / LCC have paid staff that campaign.

BC welcome the results of this work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘British Cycling / CTC / etc membership’ is closed to new replies.